• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: Wanda Jones Talks/ CFSAC Disappoints/Agenda/Audio Call-In Set

We desperately need Wanda to intervene at HHS to restore handicapped access to ME/CFS meetings.

Wanda has always been able to get things done, and she knows that online video is a necessary accommodation for us. Dr. Lee has only responded with an unsigned form letter announcing the new location. What a mess she has created! I hope people will write daily to the protest list until this is restored.

CSnell@pacific.edu
nancy.lee@hhs.gov
howard.koh@hhs.gov and at ash@hhs.gov
wanda.jones@hhs.gov
kathleen.sebelius@hhs.gov
francis.collins@nih.gov
afauci@niaid.nih.gov
cc Bob at hebs1reel@yahoo.com to track the numbers.

And Wanda, please require Dr. Lee to sit alone in a hotel room and hold the telephone for two full days. (She may hold the phone during lunch break or call in again at 1 PM.)

Its a real time of change at the NIH. Two really dynamic figures, Dennis Mangan and Wanda Jones, are gone and two new people we know little about are on the mat now. One thing we have learned is that people do make a difference. Dr. Hanna, for all her knowledge of CFS, was not effective and her in-fighting with Dr. Reeves, didn't help. We really need dynamic pro-active people in these positions; hopefully Dr. Lee and Dennis Mangan's replacement will step up.