• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anxiety and treatment

anxiety problems are quite common these days given the kind of lifestyles that we all lead. Most of the times in such cases people tend to resort to medications as well as years and years of therapy, but in vain. There are a number of solutions that are also available online, claiming to work wonders for these problems, but in the end, they do not deliver the promised results at all.There are two main forms of treatment for anxiety disorder (GAD):
1.psychological therapy
2.medication

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
look into adrenal fatigue etc. Initially cortisol can be high causing anxiety and then after long periods of stress cortisol drops low and to compensate body uses adrenaline and noradrenaline which then cause anxiety and fragile under stress as well. Dhea normal falls first with chronic stress and dhea has a role of helping the body cope with the effects of cortisol, with low dhea unable to help cortisol, its causes alot of cellular damage etc. Requires alot of research on this though to fully understand.

Also not actually adrenals that are fatigued but damage to hypothalamus which controls adrenals and its hormone release. Adrenal fatigue just a common name used just like chronic fatigue is used.

cheers!!!

Waverunner

He starts 3 threads within 15 minutes about allergy, arthritis and anxiety. His texts don't contain any useful information except the advice that medication is bad and that it takes years to work in contrast to the scam programs he offers at his pages, which *oh wonder* can be found in his signature.

baccarat

There are two main forms of treatment for anxiety disorder (GAD):
1.psychological therapy
2.medication

wrong.
there's a more effective and satisfying treatment, as far as I'm concerned, and that is kicking the butts of unscrupulous scavengers aiming at making money out of ME sufferers.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
He starts 3 threads within 15 minutes about allergy, arthritis and anxiety. His texts don't contain any useful information except the advice that medication is bad and that it takes years to work in contrast to the scam programs he offers at his pages, which *oh wonder* can be found in his signature.

Ok saw his other thread. But reading this one i took it as psychological therapy and medication as being inaffective??

cheers!!

kurt

MOD: This is an obvious spammer, the signature directs to a website. I've deleted the other posts but left this one up for collective memory, in case the spammer returns.

Of course, feel free to discuss anxiety, spam makes me anxious, the cure is the 'delete' button... so nice to be a mod sometimes. (we could use more, any volunteers?)...:)