• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

PETITION for AN APOLOGY RE: ME/CFS (to Assistant Sec.of Health)

jen1177

personal info displayed or not?

Does anyone know if when you sign the petition...does it show all your info like your email address and physical address, or just your name? I don't mind my name being publicly viewable on the petition but I don't want any other info to be public.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Your name will only be viewable if you leave the check on that option: DISPLAY MY SIGNATURE PUBLICLY (under the word SIGN).
No other info is viewable at all.

Nielk

How about your tarot card? Will they know what your tarot card for the day is? Or if you use three will they know all three and the sequence?

Nielk

My circuits are going haywire because I suffer from a neuroimmune disease which renders my brain overexcitable. Left untreated it causes oversensitivity in my brain which at times drives me crazy.

mezombie

I just wanted to set people's mind at ease about petition privacy issues.

Change.org collects email and snail mail address info to make sure you're human.

However, the only thing the recipients of the petition and even the originator of the petition sees is your name.

And if you're queasy about that, just uncheck the "show my signature" box and you'll be counted without having your name on the petition.

399 signatures as of now -- who wants to be the 400th?

mezombie

Here's the link again:

http://www.change.org/petitions/apologize-for-not-responding-appropriately-to-the-mecfs-epidemic

Please sign, please share with others if you've already signed.

:thumbsup:

Remember, every time someone signs, emails are sent to seven different federal officials. The text asks for increased NIH research funding as well as changes to the CDC website along with an apology.

We have 456 signatures as of now. Let's bug Assistant Secretary Koh, CFSAC Designated Federal Official Nancy Lee, and key policymakers at the NIH and CDC with lots of emails!

mezombie

With CFSAC meeting, this is a great time to send a message to the Federal officials making ME/CFS policy. Signing will generate an email asking for increased and targeted NIH research funding as well as CDC changes to its website to eight different government officials, including several at the CFSAC meeting RIGHT NOW.

http://www.change.org/petitions/apologize-for-not-responding-appropriately-to-the-mecfs-epidemic

We're only 23 signatures away from the goal of 500.

If you've signed, please share the link with others.

PhoenixDown

epidemicis a bad choice of word since not every person with ME/CFS is necessarily staying ill due to a virus.