• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nexavir is the same drug as Kutapressin

Andrew

According the the makers of Nexavir, it's the same formulation as Kutapressin. Which means, the research on Kutapressin should apply to Nexavir. Thing is, I've heard Nexavir has a preservative and Kutapressin did not. So I'm not sure if or where this fits in.

[video=youtube;rfJHGOBOkbE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfJHGOBOkbE&feature=relmfu[/video]

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
According the the makers of Nexavir, it's the same formulation as Kutapressin. Which means, the research on Kutapressin should apply to Nexavir. Thing is, I've heard Nexavir has a preservative and Kutapressin did not. So I'm not sure if or where this fits in.

Yes, the same research applies. There has been talk of removing the preservative but maybe if it comes out as a capsule, it will no longer need a preservative. I assume that the preservative is needed because, at present, nexavir comes in a multi-dose vial, so you are sticking needles into the same vial quite a few times.

Sushi

Also, I got the impression from Dr. Enlander's website that he uses hepapressin instead of kutapressin/ Nexavir, so I was surprised and confused by this video.

Andrew

In a sixmonth study of Kutapressin in over a hundred CFS/ME patients as many as 85% reported major improvement in their symptoms. 42% even reported that they were in remission. Steinbach T, Hermann W, Lawyer C, et al. Subjective reduction in symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome following longterm treatment with a porcine liver extract: a phase 1 trial. Infect Dis. (1994) 18(Supplement 1): S114

Kutapressin was also shown to have antiviral activity against EBV. Rosenfeld E, Salimi B, O'Gorman MR, et al. Potential in vitro activity of Kutapressin against EpsteinBarr virus. In Vivo. 1996 MayJun; 10(3):3138.

Also antiviral activity against HHV6. Ablashi DV, Berneman ZN, Lawyer C, et al. Antiviral activity in vitro of Kutapressin against human herpesvirus6. In Vivo. 1994 JulAug;8(4):5816.

I've had several people tell me it did them no good. But the dose they were on is no where near what was used in the trial.

I wonder why this was never taken to more phases.

Nielk

I took Kutapressin and then Hepapressin for years with Dr. Enlander. It did not help me. That's Dr. Enlander's main protocol. He says that it helps about 30% of his patients. The younger the patient is and the sooner they start it, the better the chances that it will work. I asked Dr. Enlander why he doesn't increase the dosage for the patients that don't respond and he replied that they tried that and it didn't make a difference.

Andrew

I took Kutapressin and then Hepapressin for years with Dr. Enlander. It did not help me. That's Dr. Enlander's main protocol. He says that it helps about 30% of his patients. The younger the patient is and the sooner they start it, the better the chances that it will work. I asked Dr. Enlander why he doesn't increase the dosage for the patients that don't respond and he replied that they tried that and it didn't make a difference.

Here's the protocol that was researched:

1. 2cc intramuscular injection daily for one month
2. 2cc every other day for a month
3. 3x's a week for 6 - 7 months
4. 2x's a week and then adjusted according to patient reaction.

Was Enlander's protocal this aggressive?

Nielk

The complex injections are
Hepapressin
Magnesium Sulphate
Folic Acid
B12
Calphosan
Glutathione
Trace elements

He gives this combination in one shot. He found that it works better then the Kuttapressin alone.
It's one weekly shot.
At one point, I got it twice weekly but, it didn't make a difference.

Sushi

Here's the protocol that was researched:

1. 2cc intramuscular injection daily for one month
2. 2cc every other day for a month
3. 3x's a week for 6 - 7 months
4. 2x's a week and then adjusted according to patient reaction.

Was Enlander's protocal this aggressive?

I don't know about Enlander's current approach, but some ME/CFS doctors are even more aggressive with 2 mls daily for at least 7 months, then tapering off. Again, some respond well, and some don't respond much at all.

It is often given along with GcMAF.

Sushi

Andrew

Yes, I just read about a doctor using 2ml daily for 6 months, then tapering.

BTW, I read a different account of what the study used. Another source says:

2ml daily for 25 days
2ml every other day for 25 days
2ml every other day for a few several months.

Probably best to read the actual study

soxfan

My doctor said you would know pretty quickly if Nexavir was going to make a difference. I was only on it 2 months and he said that was long enough to know if it should be continued. I had zero reaction to it. He also told me about a teenage patient he had who was feeling a huge amount of improvement on just a few weeks so maybe the younger you are the better the response...

Tony

Still working on it all..
In my case it took 6 months of daily injections to notice a difference. Then at about 8 months I knew it was helping even more with cognition and physical stamina. After 8 months I injected every second day and maintained the benefits. I still inject every second day. At one point I ran out due to supplier problems and slipped back noticeably in both areas.

The good thing now is that the price has been reduced from my New Zealand supplier from US$150 down to US$100 per vial. https://www.biomer.com/contact.html

Sushi

In my case it took 6 months of daily injections to notice a difference. Then at about 8 months I knew it was helping even more with cognition and physical stamina. After 8 months I injected every second day and maintained the benefits. I still inject every second day. At one point I ran out due to supplier problems and slipped back noticeably in both areas.

The good thing now is that the price has been reduced from my New Zealand supplier from US$150 down to US$100 per vial. https://www.biomer.com/contact.html

It has taken me about 7 months to notice a significant difference from Nexavir, though I have not been able to inject every day--had too much response. I have been giving 3 injections a week. Now I feel better after each injection.

Sushi

Tony

Still working on it all..
Hi heaps, The site I linked to is the Nexavir supplier I use even though it's not mentioned on the site.

One vial is 20ml so at a rate of 2ml per time you get 10 shots.