• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Do They Have A Cure?

Lets just throw some ideas around here...

Do the pharmas or other government companies hold or know of a cure for M.E?
If they are responsible for the creation and spread of the virus (assuming its some sort of retrovirus at this stage, it does occur in outbreaks, although I hope its adrenal fatigue as that sounds more likely curable...) Then they would most likely have an "antidote" (never make a poison without an antidote)

What do yall think, I have very limited medical knowledge but my brain is fixated on a way out of this illness...So far only sure fire cure Ive come across is good old fashioned death :D

Esther12

No.

I don't see any reason to think that there is a secret cure, and there are lots of reasons as to why such a cure would be difficult to keep secret.

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
I don't think pharm. can do much, though some have taken antivirals and felt better. For me that is not a good thing to do.

For me, testing to find all of the nutrients needed for our brain, nerves, cells, mitochondria, immune system etc. has worked. I think each person will always be different. Other illnesses are the same. Not one magic pill, depends on cause and time ill, nutrients needed, etc. Integrative doctors have been the key.

Ian

People are way too focused on 'cures' for diseases. It is totally the wrong approach to the problem. Find the cause, remove it, and your body will do the rest.

max

People are way too focused on 'cures' for diseases. It is totally the wrong approach to the problem. Find the cause, remove it, and your body will do the rest.

+1
... someone needs to tell Wessely this.

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
Even when and if you figure out the cause, as many years go by, our bodies use up reserves that need to be replenished to become healthy again.