• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Aviva Contest--Canada--20th Anniversary of May 12th Awareness Day for ME/CFS, FM, MCS

Dolphin

Top vote-getters

Many of you probably got this in an E-mail:

Votes
20th Anniversary of May 12th Awareness Day for ME/CFS, FM & MCS

Here are the top Ideas in each size category:

Small (Less than $50,000) Votes
Peak Performance Training Centre
Help us Champion the Cause of Homeless Cats
Stony Plain Health & Wellness Park (Outdoor Fitness Park)
A NEW VAN
Journal par et pour les jeunes

Medium (Less than $100,000)
Harder 4 Carter
Parrsboro Sponge Park and Splash Pad
Cameron Street Public School's Yard Revitalization
Impacting an Impoverished Community One Life at a Time!
Auditorium Renewal - Take a Seat Campaign

Large (Less than $150,000)
Second Chance Pet Network Build a Shelter Campaign
Rescue Horses, & Empower Youth: Inspiring Positive Potential!
Brockville & Thousand Islands Regional Seats @ Meets!
TumbleBus Mobile Gymnastics Program
Maison Scout

Your favourite Idea isn't here?

If the ideas you support are going to crack the top five, they're going to need to get a lot of votes. Learn how to support your favourite ideas http://www.avivacommunityfund.org/supported-ideas/userid-963309.

We look forward to helping you create positive change in your community
Your Aviva Community Fund team.

Aileen

Thanks to all who are voting and promoting this contest. I think it is important to get our community to see that this is something constructive that they can participate in and actually get results. We can't do research but we can fundraise just by going on the computer for a couple minutes a day. Finally we can actually make a difference!

Aileen

Speaking of research and fundraising, some of you may not know about a charity search engine in the UK called Everyclick. It gives part of its profits to charities registered with it and by using the search engine instead of google or whatever you use, you can help fund biomedical research for M.E. The charity registered is ME Research UK. Click on http://www.everyclick.com/meresearchuk There is no cost to you and you are doing what you were going to do anyway so no extra effort required. I've been using this for several years.