• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mikovits won battle against Coffin

RustyJ

Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'
Kent Heckenlively tells us that Mikovits won the battle against Coffin in Canada. Scientists loved her work!

Dear Gang:

My sources tell me that by all acounts Dr. Mikovits won the debate against Coffin. He still has no data. The next generation sequencing data was key, and many scientists, including Montoya were very enthusiastic. Instead of the scientists burning Dr. Mikovits at the stake, they surrounded her with questions and positive comments. Dr. Coffin slipped out of town.

While what has been reported in the media is very negative, the people who actually matter, scientists and bio-tech companies, are seeing the truth. This might have been the big battle, and it appears we have won. Keep those good thoughts and prayers coming.

All the best,

Kent Heckenlively
https://www.facebook.com/notes/xmrv...ttle-against-coffin-in-canada/224958530895506

RustyJ

Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'
Yeah, I was pretty deflated by the BWG, not that it was unexpected. I still find it hard to believe scientists will put ego before patients.

This is a bit of a pick-me-up. I believe the outing of VP62 thing cleared the air for things to go forward. I am still skeptical about Lipkin, but his more recent comments seem to suggest he genuinely thinks there is something in what Mikovits is doing.

Boule de feu

Yeah, I was pretty deflated by the BWG, not that it was unexpected. I still find it hard to believe scientists will put ego before patients.

This is a bit of a pick-me-up. I believe the outing of VP62 thing cleared the air for things to go forward. I am still skeptical about Lipkin, but his more recent comments seem to suggest he genuinely thinks there is something in what Mikovits is doing.

At the conference, Annette was firmly convinced that her team would get to the bottom of this. She kept repeating that whatever it is, they will figure it out. It gave me a boost to keep going.

Gamboa

I talked to Dr. Mikovits and thanked her for all she is doing for us. We talked about what a bad few months it has been for her but she said she had a positive and welcoming experience at the conference. Many of the other doctors and researchers, as well as patients, supported her and were interested in chatting to her. At least she was in an environment that overall supports her work rather than at a retro-viral conference surrounded by Dr. Coffins!

markmc20001

:D

ear to ear grin.

Sounds like people are figuring out the media's illusionary opinion doesn't matter, it's the science and the ones honestly studying it that do!

WooT WooT! That is great news!