• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Marly Silverman nominated for Jewish Heroes Award--possible $25,000 or PANDORA

Boule de feu

Ok, i think i will do it for a couple of days. I will start tonight at 0:00 CEST, that's 6 pm New York local time, i think.

I wrote down this morning's results (only the ones below MARLY):

1886 - Michal
1760 - Tamara
1751 - Lisa
1630 - Joshua
1488 - Edward

Ottawa, ON, Canada - around 7:30 A.M (Eastern Daylight time)

eric_s

Thanks. I don't worry about those who are ranked below very much, because Marly has been steadily moving up. But of course it's good to watch them too. Maybe after some time you can take over from me, what do you think? I will start tonight and then we can see for how long i will do it and who will continue.

eric_s

Ok, here's the first one:

6th Shalom Klein 2905
7th Jenine Shewekey 2888
8th Marly Silverman 2265
9th Sarri Singer 2261
10th Jake Goodman 2192

Tomorrow i can add their daily increase in votes.

justinreilly

i apologize for backseat driving, because I am not getting involved in the organizing of this contest (i am voting daily). My suggestion is for whoever is organizing this here to start looking at the rules and plan strategy for the semi-finals and finals. if only a few or a couple are going to get money, assess now if it's worth it to even go ahead now. If it is, then make up a strategy to get us into that winners' circle. off the top of my head- if it's allowed by the rules, have an alliance with supporters of other candidates in the 'career' contest (they won't be competing with us), etc.

sorry if this is obvious and/or annoying backseat driving. just thinking that we need to maximize our limited resources so planning to do so is very important, imo.

Boule de feu

i apologize for backseat driving, because I am not getting involved in the organizing of this contest (i am voting daily). My suggestion is for whoever is organizing this here to start looking at the rules and plan strategy for the semi-finals and finals. if only a few or a couple are going to get money, assess now if it's worth it to even go ahead now. If it is, then make up a strategy to get us into that winners' circle. off the top of my head- if it's allowed by the rules, have an alliance with supporters of other candidates in the 'career' contest (they won't be competing with us), etc.

sorry if this is obvious and/or annoying backseat driving. just thinking that we need to maximize our limited resources so planning to do so is very important, imo.

Not at all annoying. To the contrary...
I have no experience whatsoever in these contests.
I don't see myself telling others what to do (because I would not know what to say) except
to vote. Feel free to jump in if you have any suggestions or strategy we could follow.

eric_s

Anyone who is voting daily is helping a lot. As far as i know, in this contest all we can do is to vote to bring Marly into the top 10. The higher up, the better, of course.

Then it will be up to the judges to decide who gets a prize. It was the same in the last Citgo Fueling Good contest and Pandora won there.

Either way, it brings attention to Marly, Pandora and ME/CFS and so it's a good return for us, i think. It's only a little effort and here we have the chance to do something that will have a positive effect for us.

eric_s

I wouldn't say that. If you look at last day's numbers, none of the others had more votes than Marly. And she has always been moving up in the ranking so far, so we can say that until now on average she must have made more daily votes than the ones below. I wouldn't worry too much and keep voting and see how the numbers will be for the coming days. Probably the others are less steady.

Boule de feu

I wouldn't say that. If you look at last day's numbers, none of the others had more votes than Marly. And she has always been moving up in the ranking so far, so we can say that until now on average she must have made more daily votes than the ones below. I wouldn't worry too much and keep voting and see how the numbers will be for the coming days. Probably the others are less steady.

O.k, so it's time to vote! :)