• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Marly Silverman nominated for Jewish Heroes Award--possible $25,000 or PANDORA

Dolphin

I don't know if my vote is being counted or not. The number of votes seems to be the same before and after voting. But if i try to vote again, it says i can only vote again in 12 hours.

How is it for you? Does the number go up after casting your vote?
Looks like the same for me. But maybe it takes a few moments to register.

I did get two E-mails from them today: "The tools you need to help your Hero win" and "This is your last chance" so if people didn't get them, maybe their E-mail address didn't register (check spam folder of course).

I didn't notice the leaderboard http://www.jewishcommunityheroes.org/nominees/leaderboard/ yesterday: before I voted she was on 337, just two off fifteenth place and 3 off 14th place. I think that is 125 more than when I voted yesterday. I think she was a late starter (?) so hopefully she will move up.
ETA: I see it started on Sept 7. If she got 125 each day, it would mean she would have 2500 or so by now. Or put another way, the other people have had up to 20 days to get their votes so the general competition doesn't look too tough for hardened daily voters like us!

eric_s

Thanks for the answers. I also got an email today (it was filtered out), so i guess my vote is getting counted. Since it will be judges who determine the winners out of the finalists, it will probably be helpful to get her high up in the ranking. This might be a bit of a bonus then.

Nielk

I voted three times and didn't get an -mail from them. How can I check out what the problem is?
They must have gotten my votes though because if I try to vote now, it says it's too soon. I have to wait.

Dolphin

Leaderboard doesn't look correct: Marly has 362 votes going by her page which would put her in 13th (tied) but she's not there. Odd.

Nielk

Leaderboard doesn't look correct: Marly has 362 votes going by her page which would put her in 13th (tied) but she's not there. Odd.

I also noticed that but, I'm thinking that maybe they only update it once a day and at the time of update, we didn't have enough votes yet.

Dolphin

I also noticed that but, I'm thinking that maybe they only update it once a day and at the time of update, we didn't have enough votes yet.
[STRIKE]You could be right[/STRIKE]
It seems to be updated regularly possibly continuously. There also seems to have been a big jump: 14th now has 520 votes. Marly is on 365 but isn't given as being in 15th position which is 363.

frenchtulip

Have any of you been posting info about the contest on ME/CFS Facebook pages or ME/CFS nonprofit websites? I have posted on just a few Fb pages, but haven't received many "likes." Today I sent an email to the Rocky Mountain Assn. to ask it they could put info about the contest on their Fb page and website and also on the same for Coalition 4 ME/CFS. Do you think it would help if we contacted more group leaders and ask for their help in posting contest info? I hope we can find a way to get more votes coming in for Marly.

eric_s

I think that would be a good idea. A number of these people are already in our Facebook group, by the way. I think in the end what we need is that this will happen in a more permanent, organised way, because there's a number of these contests every year. We're working on it, but it will take a bit of time, obviously...

Boule de feu

You can subscribe to threads, just look under "thread tools", near the top, right side of every page.

GG

I thought that by re-posting this many times (at least once a day in my case), this message would go up the list more often. This way, more would see it. More would participate...

frenchtulip

My husband is having a little difficulty voting. His lap top is on my ISP account--don't know if that is the problem. When he tries to vote, it tells him he has voted in the last 12 hours, which he hasn't. I have. So we filled out the special form indicating he was voting for Marly and submitted it. I am unclear as to whether they count it after they check to be sure it is a different person voting from the same ISP account or if they wait until the end of the voting period to add his votes. Has anyone else had problems voting from the same household with the same ISP account? My husband thinks it's the IP no. that is causing the problem for some reason. I think we each should have a unique IP no. even though we share an ISP account.

eric_s

They mention this problem on the contests' pages somewhere, but i don't remember where exactly, if it's in the rules section or somewhere else. I think they say people should then use the form. But it's probably best if you go there and read what they say, so all the votes get counted.

*GG*

I thought that by re-posting this many times (at least once a day in my case), this message would go up the list more often. This way, more would see it. More would participate...

Good idea, I was just presenting another way of getting a reminder every day, although at least 1 message needs to be posted to the thread.

GG

Dolphin

Nice Nielk. Although in case you didn't notice, there was no sentence starting with "r" (says he, who has written none!).