• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lots of Newspapers Covering ME/CFS Today

I have read the articles from the major US sources, and all spoke of CFS like a serious physical disease. It was all in the context of the XMRV studies coming up negative, but they only quoted "real" ME/CFS docs and researchers, so barely a breath of psychological mumbo-jumbo anywhere.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/23/health/research/23fatigue.html has one, also covered by TIME, USA Today, CBS, FOX, Wall Street Journal (a blog), Reuters, The Washington Post, and even our good friends at the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-15017660

I wish it was better news re-XMRV, but at least there's articles at all the major news sources now that don't even consider the possibility that ME/CFS is a psychological problem that's cured by CBT/GET.

Progress!

Enid

Progress indeed - thanks for the links Valentijn. Serious research and findings at least being used by some of the media now.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
although xmrv is falling out of favour, i dont think scientists can ignore the immune abnormalities found in cfs, so its a matter of finding the cause of these dysfunctions.

maddietod

Val, do you have a link to an article in the Washington Post (my local paper)? I searched and couldn't find one.

RustyJ

Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'
Hi Val. Good observation. A suggestion - could you change thread title? I have been avoiding all the negative press and thought this was another negative one. Maybe to "There's good news in lots of ...." :D The more that read these sorts of threads the better. :thumbsup:

Gemini