• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Quebec TV health show

Boule de feu

Last night, I received an e-mail from the Quebec association saying that this show would be on. I'm surprised to see that it is available on the internet.

The first part is very good. However, the second part deals with the PACE study and it is too bad they don't mention that the worst cases were not included in the study. It would have been quite acceptable otherwise...

http://pilule.telequebec.tv/episodes.aspx

They insist on saying that CFS is not an imaginary illness or psychological and that it is not cured by psychotherapy but it does help dealing with some of the symptoms.

The worst though is at the end of the interview when the doctor says we should copy the UK model!!! What is he missing...??? =-(

IN FRENCH.

Enid

He's lost the "plot" - sorry all - this has to be our very worst export ! (We are still looking for a model here anyway - there just isn't one).

Boule de feu

He's lost the "plot" - sorry all - this has to be our very worst export ! (We are still looking for a model here anyway - there just isn't one).

If only they would say that the most severe cases did not partipate in the PACE study! When I told my dad that exercising would make me feel better, he started laughing and said: "And they expect you to do that? How?"
Let's say it would come to that, i'm afraid I would have to choose between doing my laundry... or going for walks...
or making supper... or going for walks...
It would be one OR the other but I would not be able to do both.
I'm already too active (outside my energy envelope) for what i'm able to do.

Kati

Patient in training
Thanks for sharing, I watched about half of it and the next part is called "the will to heal" (if I translate word for word) Which means if you want to get better, you will... Which we all know is not true at all. will save watching thatpart for another day. personally I don't think this is good news for us canadians because policies from one province are often adopted by another. I hope Dr Phaneuf is attending IACFSME.

Boule de feu

Thanks for sharing, I watched about half of it and the next part is called "the will to heal" (if I translate word for word) Which means if you want to get better, you will... Which we all know is not true at all. will save watching thatpart for another day. personally I don't think this is good news for us canadians because policies from one province are often adopted by another. I hope Dr Phaneuf is attending IACFSME.

I hope he is attending. Otherwise, it would be wrong to say that he is an expert. They could also use subtitles and interview doctors like Dr. Bested who is also here in Canada.

Kati

Patient in training
Dr Hyde, Dr Stein, Dr Carruthers... They have decades of experience.

Mij

I watch this show weekly and I'm glad I missed this episode. Someone must have been looking over me ;) I find most health shows about CFS quite irritating. I did watch the episode last week on "chronic Lyme" which was pretty good, at least they recognized that there is such a thing as "chronic Lyme" disease.