• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Check twitter now tweets from conference

Jemal

Thanks for the tip, Villagelife.

http://twitter.com/#!/spring_flower21

Maureen Hanson: Even though the #XMRV sequences may be wrong, there still may be a virus in these patients that we need to identify

http://twitter.com/#!/sciencecohen

Cornell's Maureen Hanson reported at #IACFS/ME conf that they found 0 PCR+ #CFS for #XMRV when they only did single round PCR

Nancy Kliimas at #CFS meeting announces XMRV results and says "I'm still going to wait to see the Lipkin study to say anything definitive."
(day old tweet and not related to the conference, but still interesting)

Coffin says #XMRV and #CFS was a 3 legged stool: Antibodies, PCR and infectious virus. He didn't say but showed that none of legs now exist

Dr. Judy Mikovits shows data that "contaminated" #XMRV samples from Lombardi et al. have virus that's not XMRV

http://twitter.com/#!/DeBortgjemte

Graham Simmons: Infectious causes probable in CFS .So its probably wise that CFS patients dont donate blood.

Mikovits: VIPdx lab will not continue to offer XMRV-testing because it haven't been shown to be reproducible in BloodWorkingGroup

Coffin: The first HIV study had large holes - worse than #XMRV study but #HIV was largely "readily reproduced" afterwards

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
sciencecohen Jon Cohen
At #IACFS/ME meeting, Judy Mikovits shows data that "contaminated" #XMRV samples from Lombardi et al. have virus that's not XMRV
1 minute ago

Daffodil

Mikovits showed evidence that contaminated samples found by Silverman not contamo with VP62 neo gene in earlier samples at WPI

Jemal

This is pretty significant as well:

Mikovits: VIPdx lab will not continue to offer XMRV-testing because it haven't been shown to be reproducible in BloodWorkingGroup

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I'm tweeting at CortJohnson - I've done a bunch of them.....

Here's the link to Cort's tweets.

Thanks for covering this, Cort! I've been looking for info from the conference all day but probably in the wrong places. There's certainly some interesting stuff going on.

Enid

Thanks again Jemal - Dr Mikovits is intrepid indeed - in fact blooming marvellous amongst the nay sayers about her.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
is there anything else in the conference from montoya or from dr lerner or dr chia on there cfs work, even stuff on nk dysfunction etc?

cheers!!!