• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Droxidopa combined with Carbidopa in drug studies phase 11

hensue

As you all know I am not the sharpest tool in the shed. I just read Adrianne Dellwo on about.com fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. She has an article about the drugs that are in phase 11 for chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia. What do you think about these studies?? Is this posted somewhere else??

Here is another dumb question I take wellbutin sr does it have common actions or workings as droxidopa. What I am getting at is what is the difference? I know wellbutrin sr is an AD and droxidopa is for parkinsons disease.

Thanks
Hensue

The drug will be named NORTHERA by Chelsea Therapeutics.

hensue

my computer has a virus and I cannot open any links and tried copy and paste still would not open. So what is In Vitro saying??

hensue

can someone message copies of them to me please.
Thanks
Susie

I have taken wellbutrin Sr for over 15 years and it has helped my fatigue and pain. Trying to find out if it has some of the properties of droxidopa??

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
my computer has a virus and I cannot open any links and tried copy and paste still would not open. So what is In Vitro saying??

"A correlation between increased norepinephrine concentration in the central nervous system (CNS) and a decrease in fibromyalgia pain has been suggested in clinical studies. Therefore, as a pro-drug of norepinephrine, droxidopa could potentially benefit fibromyalgia patients by reducing pain as a result of increasing CNS levels of norepinephrine. As this benefit is presumed to be a central effect, the addition of carbidopa, a peripheral DOPA decarboxylase (DDC) inhibitor, may favorably impact the drug's treatment profile. Carbidopa is utilized as a blocker of peripheral DDC, an enzyme required for the conversion of droxidopa into norepinephrine. Therefore, inhibition of peripheral DDC should result in a reduction of any side effects resulting from the peripheral production of norepinephrine, whilst allowing for increased central levels, and hence, increased centrally mediated benefits."

Footnote: I took another drug that increased norepinephrine in the synapses (strattera) and my fibromyalgia mostly went away.

Sushi

hensue

Thanks Sushi

Why did you quit taking srattera? I know you are on ldn has it helped the pain?
I really appreciate you replying.

Take care
Susie

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Thanks Sushi

Why did you quit taking srattera? I know you are on ldn has it helped the pain?
I really appreciate you replying.

Take care
Susie

I stopped strattera for many reasons: I had improved enough not to really need it, I don't like to take more drugs than absolutely necessary, it is expensive, and the fibro pain never came back. I don't take LDN for pain, but for general CFS symptoms. It gives me more stamina.

Best,
Sushi