• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

two very important documentaries for people with CFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nielk

Lethargybot,

I watched both of these"documentaries". The first one by the way, I had to look away. I can't believe that they experimented on human babies like that. The second one is an anti-war propaganda.

In what way do you think that watching these would help our community? The fact that humans are easily brainwashed?
The fact that Bush attacked Iraq for no reason? In what way does this apply to us.

By the way, how are you so sure that this second documentary itself is not a propaganda to influence the thinking of the US public? You don't give Americans enough credit that they can think and analyze news events on their own. Propaganda was always there and always will be there.

Again, what does this have to do with us?

I feel like posting this here is an anti war propaganda and has zero to do with our "community".

This is not a political forum.

I feel like this is an insult to our community.

do what you wish.

Lethargybot,

I watched both of these"documentaries". The first one by the way, I had to look away. I can't believe that they experimented on human babies like that. The second one is an anti-war propaganda.

In what way do you think that watching these would help our community? The fact that humans are easily brainwashed?
The fact that Bush attacked Iraq for no reason? In what way does this apply to us.

By the way, how are you so sure that this second documentary itself is not a propaganda to influence the thinking of the US public? You don't give Americans enough credit that they can think and analyze news events on their own. Propaganda was always there and always will be there.

Again, what does this have to do with us?

I feel like posting this here is an anti war propaganda and has zero to do with our "community".

This is not a political forum.

I feel like this is an insult to our community.

Well. I am actually a member of this community. I have chosen to blind my address and name, effectively keeping my identity anonymous because I would rather not be attached to the documents I have presented.... I simply can't afford to have my name attached to it.

The video is relevant to the community. This is a forum for unexplained disease and the documentary in two specific places discusses tests that were conducted on the populations in San Francisco and in Tampa Florida. In San Francisco an unnamed bacterial agent was dispersed over the city (50's) and yellow fever contaminated mosquitoes were released into the population in Florida. Government documents show that the researchers posed as doctors at the actual hospital to study the subjects first hand.

As to how I know its not propaganda... well first of all a number of the people presented in the film are considered reputable. For instance Noam Chomsky, is quoted extensively as other published academics. In many cases the documents cited are freely available others have been talked about extensively in the media. If you had bothered to watch the film, or actually look any of this up, you would see some of the experiments were published openly in the medical literature of the time.

Some of the footage and information for instance comes from the Wikileaks, but other documents have been obtained through the freedom of information act.

If you do not trust the sources yourself, look them up. I have been doing so for a while now. Don't limit yourself to American media. Learn another language if you have to.

I think the film has value to a community that is fighting both public perception and a health system that has routinely proven it doesn't care about a population of truly sick individuals.

While part of the focus of the film is on war propaganda a signification portion of the film deals with the way in which governments manipulate populations by controlling their access to basic rights. It also demonstrates the unscrupulous ways in which companies lobby congress and elected officials for power. In some cases these are the same government agencies and lobbying groups that you are fighting now: insurance companies, drug companies, health agencies etc...

Of course if you think it has no value, then simply go about what you are doing. Its only information. It can't hurt you.

I would apologize for offending you, but frankly I think the accusation of insults go around a little to frequently in this forum. Not to mention the fact that you didn't watch the film, and it would therefor be impossible to be offended by something you hadn't actually watched. I know from the time stamp you couldn't have viewed them.

To each their own.

Nielk

Well. I am actually a member of this community. I have chosen to blind my address and name, effectively keeping my identity anonymous because I would rather not be attached to the documents I have presented.... I simply can't afford to have my name attached to it.

The video is relevant to the community. This is a forum for unexplained disease and the documentary in two specific places discusses tests that were conducted on the populations in San Francisco and in Tampa Florida. In San Francisco an unnamed bacterial agent was dispersed over the city (50's) and yellow fever contaminated mosquitoes were released into the population in Florida. Government documents show that the researchers posed as doctors at the actual hospital to study the subjects first hand.

As to how I know its not propaganda... well first of all a number of the people presented in the film are considered reputable. For instance Noam Chomsky, is quoted extensively as other published academics. In many cases the documents cited are freely available others have been talked about extensively in the media. If you had bothered to watch the film, or actually look any of this up, you would see some of the experiments were published openly in the medical literature of the time.

Some of the footage and information for instance comes from the Wikileaks, but other documents have been obtained through the freedom of information act.

If you do not trust the sources yourself, look them up. I have been doing so for a while now. Don't limit yourself to American media. Learn another language if you have to.

I think the film has value to a community that is fighting both public perception and a health system that has routinely proven it doesn't care about a population of truly sick individuals.

While part of the focus of the film is on war propaganda a signification portion of the film deals with the way in which governments manipulate populations by controlling their access to basic rights. It also demonstrates the unscrupulous ways in which companies lobby congress and elected officials for power. In some cases these are the same government agencies and lobbying groups that you are fighting now: insurance companies, drug companies, health agencies etc...

Of course if you think it has no value, then simply go about what you are doing. Its only information. It can't hurt you.

I would apologize for offending you, but frankly I think the accusation of insults go around a little to frequently in this forum. Not to mention the fact that you didn't watch the film, and it would therefor be impossible to be offended by something you hadn't actually watched. I know from the time stamp you couldn't have viewed them.

To each their own.

To: whoever you are

Firstly, I watched both videos from start to finish.
Secondly, why did you have to "hide: under a pseudo name to post this?
Thirdly, I speak seven languages fluently and get news from aqll over the world.

It doesn't change the fact that both these videos have nothing to do with our community. If it did, why did you have to "hide" your name.

Have you read Osler's Web or CFS a novel?

Do you think that we are complete idiots that we don't know what's going on.
If you really belong to this community/forum, you would know better.

I stand by my word that these videos have no value for us.
Moreover, there is a patronizing political push which I don't appreciate.

Nielk

Boule de feu

Lethargybot,

You wrote:

"The video is relevant to the community. This is a forum for unexplained disease and the documentary IN TWO SPECIFIC PLACES discusses tests that were conducted on the populations in San Francisco and in Tampa Florida"

I don't have the energy to watch the 9 parts of human resources/ 8 parts of psywar.
Could you tell me where exactly I can find the parts that are related to CFS?

Dainty

Moderator: Forum rules state members are permitted a single log-in account.

Thread closed due to irrelevancy and upsetting the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.