• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Raw milk as and immune booster/modulator?

baccarat

Recently I've been reading articles about the wonders of raw milk in terms of helping with allergies, asthma and weak immune system.
Has anybody had any experience with it? Would be great to hear your own story.

beaker

ME/cfs 1986
The children in Lyndonville, who were the first patients of that outbreak, had the start of their illness all linked to drinking raw milk.

Bob

I've think that I've read of a link between raw milk and MLV's or other retorviruses. I'm sorry, I can't remember the details.

I haven't heard about raw milk being good for allergies etc, but I have heard the same said about colostrum.

I tried colostrum once, and it didn't do anything for me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colostrum

*GG*

Recently I've been reading articles about the wonders of raw milk in terms of helping with allergies, asthma and weak immune system.
Has anybody had any experience with it? Would be great to hear your own story.

I drink raw milk, I took it up because if is supposed to have more enzymes in it etc.. My digestion has gotten better, I do chalk up most of my improvement to LDN though, only been drinking it for a few months now.

GG

PS I think raw milk is just as safe, if not safer than homogenized milk, at least that is what I have read, and have not had any issues since I started drinking it.

Dainty

Just a quick note of advisement - those with a severe reaction, especially a true allergy to dairy, should be very, very cautious about trying it based on the assurances of it actually helping with that problem. While it can indeed improve things, I know that my mom grew up on raw milk straight from the cow and has had a mild allergy to it all her life, and I am so severely allergic to dairy that even properly fermented cheese from raw milk sets it off. So if you have issues with milk itself then please proceed with caution.

From what I've read raw is loads better than the pasteurized, homogenized stuff. Note, too, that low-fat milk you purchase at the store contains powdered milk that has been added to it, so if you're concerned about powdered milk you'll want to stay away from that anyway.

Ian

I live on a dairy farm and drink it every day. I can't even remember what the pasteurised stuff tastes like. It certainly has a lot of essential things in it your body needs, but it wont cure you of CFS.

gracei

[banned as spam]
I drink raw milk, I took it up because if is supposed to have more enzymes in it etc.. My digestion has gotten better, I do chalk up most of my improvement to LDN though, only been drinking it for a few months now.

GG

PS I think raw milk is just as safe, if not safer than homogenized milk, at least that is what I have read, and have not had any issues since I started drinking it.

I really do, In fact raw milk ared used as a medicine in the early part of the last century. raw milk are rich in protein, carbohydrates, minerals, vitamins, enzymes etc.. and I think this is the safer milk.

alex3619

Hi, what is old is new again. This has been known for decades - its the basis of the development of the Immunocal and similar products for treating ME or CFS and is thought to work on the basis of raising glutathione synthesis. It helps many of us, its not a panacea.

Why do they want to stop raw milk from being sold? Usually its safe, but every now and again an outbreak occurs and hundreds can get sick or die. Every time this happens if its with pasteurized milk they raise the pasteurization temperature. Its now hot enough that the glutathione stimulating effects of milk are destroyed.

Unpasteurized milk can contain a range of pathogens. Its usually safe, especially for healthy people. Since are our immune systems are not great, I would certainly not recommend that many of us drink raw milk.

Bye
Alex

*GG*

Hi, what is old is new again. This has been known for decades - its the basis of the development of the Immunocal and similar products for treating ME or CFS and is thought to work on the basis of raising glutathione synthesis. It helps many of us, its not a panacea.

Why do they want to stop raw milk from being sold? Usually its safe, but every now and again an outbreak occurs and hundreds can get sick or die. Every time this happens if its with pasteurized milk they raise the pasteurization temperature. Its now hot enough that the glutathione stimulating effects of milk are destroyed.

Unpasteurized milk can contain a range of pathogens. Its usually safe, especially for healthy people. Since are our immune systems are not great, I would certainly not recommend that many of us drink raw milk.

Bye
Alex

I ran it by my treating Dr and he did not have an issue with it. My immune system does not seem as over stimulated as in the past. Not sure if this would make a difference in his eyes or not?

GG