• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anybody Here Know the Tarot?

Valentijn

The Hanged Man is probably a good omen for anyone with orthostatic intolerance. Just think of how well his blood is flowing to his brain while he dangles :)

Nielk

The Hanged Man is probably a good omen for anyone with orthostatic intolerance. Just think of how well his blood is flowing to his brain while he dangles :)

I love this! He probably does it on purpose as an exercise every morning to start his blood flowing.

Valentijn

The one card that really puzzles me is the HANGED MAN... I just go blank when I see that. I've read the traditional interpretations, but honestly that image is just weird and hard to grok. Can you give me your take on what this represents to you? thanks in advance.
12HangedMan.jpg

On a more serious note than my last post, I think it portrays being seriously screwed in a physical sense, but retaining mental and spiritual control over yourself. No one chooses to hang upside down from one foot (even with OI) and hands (and maybe foot) bound behind his back, but the card shows that it's still possible to retain your sense of self in trying circumstances. The hanged man is bound and in pain, but it doesn't define who he is, because he's got the transcendental inner peace thing going on.

I think it would be a pretty bad card for someone who isn't currently suffering, because it could mean inescapable suffering is coming. For people that are already there, I think it's highly inspirational in how to deal gracefully with that suffering, and coming to terms with being unable to change our physical situation.

maddietod

Val, your post highlights the importance of looking at each card with fresh eyes, in each reading. Where you see bound hands and maybe foot, I see an acrobat casually suspended from one foot with hands clasped casually behind. His situation is a bit precarious - I note the slender top-of-the-tree on the left. But the trees have strong bases, and to me the man looks relaxed. So I read this as dangerous only if the hanged man does something foolish.

And of course we are both right, for ourselves, today.

Madie

Dreambirdie

work in progress
I am still in the midst of recovering from a double whammy of toxic exposures. I picked the TOWER on the day of impact.
What I like about this card is that no explanation is necessary. You look at it and just KNOW that the shit has hit the fan.

The+Tower_Morgan.jpg

LaurelW

Back in the 70s, I was living in a rural farmhouse in Iowa. I picked a Tarot card one night, which was the tower card upside-down. That night, our house caught fire and burned down. The good part was that we all escaped and were fine. The generosity of the farmers kept us afloat for the next few months. When I look back on it now, I would interpret it as disaster that turns out okay in the end. I really disliked that house because I felt it had ghosts, and the fire got me out of there.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Wow Laurel, that's quite a story! So glad you got out alive and got the help you needed to see you through.

I'm thinking that the interpretation I have for that TOWER card right now is: SHIT HAPPENS.

Nielk

Wow Laurel, that's quite a story! So glad you got out alive and got the help you needed to see you through.

I'm thinking that the interpretation I have for that TOWER card right now is: SHIT HAPPENS.

I think that's one thing we (especially we) can all agree with.

LaurelW

Oh, and I forgot the best part. Because I pulled that card, my husband got worried and went and put a ladder underneath our second story window, and he also went and dug out our car that had been stuck in the mud at the neighbors house for two weeks. Because he had done those things, I was able to climb out the window on a blanket and put the ladder up for he and our baby to escape, and then I was able to drive to a house nearby and call the fire department. He had no idea why, he was just being prepared. Maybe that's the moral of this for me.

allyann

I agree on the listening to you intuition part. I definitely feel if I had listened to my inner voice more I would be as ill as I am. Now I am being forced to listen LOL

allyann

I drew this card today which is to me all about fertility, nurturing and protection of my unborn baby.

This is very relevant as I have some issues with an abnormal pap smear and a large fibroid that I have to see a gynecologist about today.

This card has given me some welcome reassurance that all will be well for my baby.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316564793.645289.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316564793.645289.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 28

Nielk

Congratulations Allie.
I went back to read your first post and saw that you were 20 weeks pregnant then.
Good luck by the doctor today.
I don't know anything about Tarots but, The empress tarot that you drew is full of positive imagery. There is love, calmness,
ease, happiness.
Please let us know how your visit went.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
My card today is THE WHEEL OF FORTUNE.
Maybe things will be taking a turn in a better direction, than the last few days, which were pretty crappy and difficult.
I'm going to the beach after lunch, and that is always a turn for the better. :Retro smile:

wheeloffortunebig.jpg

Nielk

Enjoy, Dreambirdie! You will have a great day.
By the way, in this tarot the Hebrew letters spell out God's name. He is with you!

allyann

Hi Nielk and Dreambirdie,

Thank you. I am so happy all is well. Doctors say that the growth is precancerous so will get it biopsied 3 months after the birth. They also don't think the fibroid will be an issue.

They will also look at inducing the baby so that they can control as much as possible the pain and fatigue of labour.

So yes the empress was a very comforting card to get. It did help me stay a lot calmer than I would have been!

Allie

allyann

Dreambirdie. The beach idea sounds really good. The Wheel of fortune is one of my favorite cards to get. It always reminds me of my Grandad's favorite sayings - the world is your oyster. So look out for the new opportunities :)