• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Roommate/friend wish

I would like a friend who could relocate to my area, so we could help each other with daily living tasks, expenses, and understand each other. I would love to have a bunch of us, but it could start with 2 of us. I wish it wasn't so hard to make it happen. I think the hardest part is for our personalities and likes to match enough, so we can be comfortable and not stress each other. So I think friendship matters a lot, and there is the aim of sharing part of our space. I figure everyone needs to have an ok level of functioning and resources, not too imbalanced. Could it really happen, or will it be so much effort to find people that match? I know a couple people who are an OK match in most ways but don't match in 1 or 2 ways.

It seems to stem from the simpler issue, I feel like I can't make friends. If we are both ill, we would have trouble getting together.

maddietod

I'm unable to do this, but I think it's a great idea. I wish we weren't so spread out!

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I would like a friend who could relocate to my area, so we could help each other with daily living tasks, expenses, and understand each other. I would love to have a bunch of us, but it could start with 2 of us. I wish it wasn't so hard to make it happen. I think the hardest part is for our personalities and likes to match enough, so we can be comfortable and not stress each other. So I think friendship matters a lot, and there is the aim of sharing part of our space. I figure everyone needs to have an ok level of functioning and resources, not too imbalanced. Could it really happen, or will it be so much effort to find people that match? I know a couple people who are an OK match in most ways but don't match in 1 or 2 ways.

It seems to stem from the simpler issue, I feel like I can't make friends. If we are both ill, we would have trouble getting together.

I did this and it was very successful. Someone I had know for years from forums. We are very different ages but very compatible. He came from another country and stayed 8 months for treatment in the States. Later I went to his country and stayed for three months with his family. I will go again this year.

With the right people, it can work well. Our strengths and weaknesses were different so we complemented each other.It was great company and we could share tasks. I miss this.

With Skype video you can get to know each other very well. But we had known each other online for years and had a good feeling about it. I would encourage others to try, but get to know each other really well first.

Sushi

Awesome! Yes better to have time on your side. I gotta hope that I could build a friendship in just a few months. I don't want more years of being lonely.