• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Valcyte or IVIG

Hello all,

I'm seeing two doctors right now. One thinks that I should consider IVIG in the near future. The other has me on Valtrex and may start me on Valcyte in the future if my hhv6 titers are high.

It looks like I may have these options in come up in the next few months so I was wondering which, in general, are more promising. I'm newly ill and have high EBV, Parvovirus, HSV1 titers. Would doing both at same time be a possibility or even something I would want to do?

IVIG seems like it has mixed results. I saw the study where three people were pretty much cured from CFS after acute Parvovirus. I didn't have acute parvovirus that I know of, but had a bad flu like condition back in February a few months before my main problems started to happen. Valcyte seems to have more supportive evidence behind it but does have toxicity. I do still work full time so insurance would hopefully help with both.

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Vanguard

ukxmrv

I've tried Valtrex and IVIG. Of the two the Valtrex has had the better results. Plus Imunovir.

I've test positive for XMRV, HHV6 and havee had high fresh results to CMV and EBV over the decades. I'd love to try Valctye but lack the money.

IVIG had no good effects on me that I could see. It's a long time ago now but I did 4-6 infusions and the dose was calculated on my body weigth.

Thanks uk. Yeah my one doctor seems so sure that IVIG will help me but I never seem much support for it online, aside from those people who only have Parvo and were helped.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Thanks uk. Yeah my one doctor seems so sure that IVIG will help me but I never seem much support for it online, aside from those people who only have Parvo and were helped.

I would say go for both, the more the merryer. the IVIG could be helpful if u have poor NK finction, have u had it tested? Also if u have low cd4:8 ratio or low lymphocyte levels and or neutrophils so dont discount it. Another antiviral option is famvir as a few here have found it helpful for hhv6 and cmv as well as ebv. Sounds like u have some forward thinking dr's working for you, all the best.

cheers!!!