• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Video - How Mercury Causes Brain Neuron Damage

Enid

Thank you Wayne for this interesting find. It is good to read of all the research coming from the US. I personally recall my stage of metal taste in the mouth - luckily fillings fell out as oral problems (ulcers etc) set in. Just can't think of any other reason for the "overload" of metals.

Sparrow

Thanks for posting that. Really brings it home.

...Also makes me want to up the priority on getting these amalgams out of my mouth! ;)

Wayne

Thanks for posting that. Really brings it home.

...Also makes me want to up the priority on getting these amalgams out of my mouth! ;)

Hi Sparrow,

Yes, those amalgams. I had about a dozen or so. Leading up to the time I finally had them removed, I had this absolutely horrible metallic taste in my mouth at all times. I had a burning sensation in my tongue whenever I would brush my tongue up against any of them of the metal crowns (which can be just as toxic).

I would encourage you to find a very good dentist to remove these for you. I had one "holistic" dentist talk me into "speeding things up". I had been doing one at a time, and he felt he could do four in one setting. I became extremely mercury toxic, and was laid up for months afterward.

Also, of the dozen or so fillings I had replaced, there was decay underneath about ten of them. That alone would have been a good reason to have them removed. But getting the toxic heavy metals out was even more important. I had the amalgams removed first, and then about 5-6 metal crowns. My improvements after having the metal crowns removed was even more significant.

Good luck in finding a really good practitioner to remove these for you. I don't know how many amalgams you have, but for me, the energetic feeling of having them removed from my mouth was as significant as getting rid of the toxic, burning feeling.

Best, Wayne

Sparrow

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I will heed your warning and take them one at a time. I've looked into a dentist who is supposed to be pretty good about it. ...Definitely better than the regular dentist, who removed two damaged ones with no special measures at all shortly before my major crash (had I only known then what I know now!).

My only delay is that I'm so sick right now I'm not sure whether my body could handle the extra temporary toxic load of getting them out. I'm pretty sure they're not helping (and may have contributed to what's made me SO bad), but I'm really scared of making things worse than they already are. I'm already bed bound, so there isn't all that much room down from here to fall... ;)

Ian

interestingly the only place dental amalgam is not classified as hazardous waste is the mouth