• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Kilmas got an appointment for son. October 9th

hensue

I hope he doesnt have this dreaded stuff but if he does I hope she can help him.
He hasnt had all the test done but weeks of pt before he gets an MRI. Doctors telling him it is all in his head the fatigue and pain swollen lymph nodes.
Dr Lapp is 2 hours from him so I was very conflicted. Just trying to go with gut feeling.
His pain is getting worse but he is not freaking about it so much right now. He is looking for answers.
Son 30 years old persistant pain on left side since april. He feels like has never slept even though he does.

maybe at least we can get him some help since everyone is saying he has myalgia and it is all in his head. He is depressed and is going to phsycologist and phsyciatrist. I hope and pray I am doing the right thing.
Take care
Susie

edit- his appt Ocotber 7 not 9th. You know I am the one who needs to go! lol

*GG*

I hope he doesnt have this dreaded stuff but if he does I hope she can help him.
He hasnt had all the test done but weeks of pt before he gets an MRI. Doctors telling him it is all in his head the fatigue and pain swollen lymph nodes.
Dr Lapp is 2 hours from him so I was very conflicted. Just trying to go with gut feeling.
His pain is getting worse but he is not freaking about it so much right now. He is looking for answers.
Son 30 years old persistant pain on left side since april. He feels like has never slept even though he does.

maybe at least we can get him some help since everyone is saying he has myalgia and it is all in his head. He is depressed and is going to phsycologist and phsyciatrist. I hope and pray I am doing the right thing.
Take care
Susie

Has he had a sleep study done? Perhaps he is not getting good sleep. Does he feel well rested when he wakes in the day/morning? I know I had a sleep study done in 2006 or so, and then I had a major flare up of symptoms about 2 years ago. I had insomnia and lots of other stuff going on, so I just went crazy seeing Drs, I didn't really care about costs (I do have insurance though, but all those co-pays do add up!).

Anyways, from what I recall, my 2006 study showed little Stage 3 or 4 (REM sleep?), something along this line. No reason for any intervention according to them.

Well when I had another sleep study done in 2009, I was found to have obstructive sleep apnea. I had/have put on some weight. I also take oxygen now with my CPAP (really a VPAP). And I do wake up feeling better, not awesome, but better than in the past. Although I do spend about an hour stretching in bed and go back to bed if I don't feel ok.

Just trying to give you something else to consider. My pain has decreased dramatically!

GG

PS I did have lidocaine infused into my bloodstream in 2009, I was just in so much pain! I think the IV knocked the pain down 2 to 3 notches. I only had one IV done, was hard to get to the place, and I needed a driver.

hensue

No, he has not had a sleep study done. It has taken an act of congress to get him the test he needs so far. I think he needs and MRI of his back and but insurance will not pay till he has six weeks of pt. He is on week 2 of pt. He just called and said on my way to pt but I already feel like crap. The wife wants him to be more active.
no support there