• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Alternative medicine physician or Dr Kilmas for overseas patient?

Would like to hear from those of you who have been or are currently undergoing treatment from alternative medicine practitioners who are also MDs. I am not from the US and am debating if I should fly over to see Dr Kilmas or an AM physician. What happens if drugs prescribed by Dr Kilmas are not available in my country?

My current doctor, with interest in me/cfs is not proactive in treating me, despite several repeated requests for labwork, since the last tests were carried out nearly 2 years ago. Feel like being left out in the cold to die a slow death. Will beg or borrow money to pay for treatment in my fight to survive CFS.

Appreciate any input from US/ non US patients. Thanks.

hixxy

As long as the drugs aren't scheduled substances I'm fairly sure you shouldn't have trouble importing them?

Have you looked at all the alternatives in Australia? Not all Australian doctors are unproactive..

Nielk

I think the expert Doctors in the US are overrated.
Did anyone improve to a significant extend with any of them?

ukxmrv

Sometimes Prof Kenny Meirleir goes to Australia. Maybe you could see him there?

Dr Klimas does Skype or telephone consultations.

Just thinking of a few ideas.

Your doctor would need to have been registered in your country to write prescriptions or have an arrangements with an Australian doctor. The alternative would be to use international pharmacies.

There are a few australians here on this forum importing meds so hopefully they will reply.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Sometimes Prof Kenny Meirleir goes to Australia. Maybe you could see him there?

Prof. K. De Meirleir works with Dr. Lewis. Some of the Aussies see both.

I am from the US and flew to Europe for treatment!

Sushi

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I think the expert Doctors in the US are overrated.
Did anyone improve to a significant extend with any of them?

dr lewis and dr deed are the main cfs guys in australia, but like nielk says, if other docs were curing cfs we would all know about it and wouldnt have to ask the question of who to see, sad but true i guess. A sympathetic doc who looks outside the box is as good as it gets at the moment and many treatments outside the box cost an arm and a leg too. A good cfs doc can help with symptoms like sleep and pain, and better doc trials abx and av's etc with more testing etc.

good luck