• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Should/could we get 5K votes for IACFS/ME and/or Nightangale votes in Vivint contest?

*GG*

Just wondering if/when people are going to switch and which one should we concentratre on 1st?

GG

eric_s

I would also say let's go for the IACFS/ME first. I guess they have the bigger outreach and also helping them means helping the National ME/FM Action Network to some degree, because of the IACFS/ME conference in Ottawa. So hopefully some of the ME/FM Action Network supporters will also support the IACFS/ME, as soon as they realize that's their better chance.

Dolphin

I would also say let's go for the IACFS/ME first. I guess they have the bigger outreach and also helping them means helping the National ME/FM Action Network to some degree, because of the IACFS/ME conference in Ottawa. So hopefully some of the ME/FM Action Network supporters will also support the IACFS/ME, as soon as they realize that's their better chance.
The National ME/FM Action Network are now 20,000 votes behind and the size has increased every day. As I'm doing the figures in my head, assume that the gap doesn't change by the end of the day. Then they would need to get 1,000 more than Light and Love Home- Vancouver gets each day; so if Light and Love Home- Vancouver averaged 400, that would be 1,400. Light and Love Home- Vancouver have got up to 700 in a day before so would likely increase if challenged. So the National ME/FM Action Network would need to average around 1,500. They have only topped 200 once I think when they got 220.

eric_s

But Boule de Feu, is it really possible anymore for them to win? I really think the best thing you can do for the National ME/FM Action Network at this point is to vote for the IACFS/ME, if they win in the draw that will help with the conference. I have a hard time imagining how any organisation should all of a sudden get more than 1000 daily votes, more than the WPI.

*GG*

Since I am from Canada, I have a difficult time voting for another organisation than National ME/FM Action Network.

You can keep voting for who you like, but I am not going to vote for them anymore since they just keep losing ground everyday. I would rather have my votes possibly helping another org get money for our cause!

GG

PS I understand that perhaps you have an emotional reason for your voting and many of us are very fragile, so do what makes you feel better. Sorry to give up on ME/FM, but it just seems like a lost cause.

Aileen

It appears that Nightingale has a lead of about 30 votes at the time of this posting.

GG

I still feel that voting to get a group into a draw is a waste of votes. However, if you are going to use this strategy you should vote for the IACFS/ME.

Nightingale has made it clear that they do not want to be involved in this competition in any way and won't even arrange to set up matching donations. This would be a total waste of votes no matter what strategy you have decided to use. I don't understand this, but that is the way they want it. They must have their reasons.

eric_s

Maybe in the last couple of days of the contest, in case there was no major move by a contender, we can ask the people at "Voting 4 Grants" to vote for the IACFS/ME. If it's "only" 1000 or so votes missing to reach the 5000 mark, they could do that in 2 or 3 days, they had around 600 members, when i last looked.

Dolphin

Maybe in the last couple of days of the contest, in case there was no major move by a contender, we can ask the people at "Voting 4 Grants" to vote for the IACFS/ME. If it's "only" 1000 or so votes missing to reach the 5000 mark, they could do that in 2 or 3 days, they had around 600 members, when i last looked.
It is a reasonable idea.

However, I wouldn't want to depend on too many.

At the same time, the top groups in this contest have got around 3000 votes in a day so I don't think other people should be too scared - but whether regular voters would think like that, I don't know. I've a feeling some people might want to keep voting till the very end. And a lot of people like the WPI a lot more than other groups.

But certainly there is no reason to give up unless the total required goes above 1000 per day which hopefully won't happen.

Things were possibly more clear-cut in Round 1 where the WPI only needed to come in the top 20 in their region and they still got around 500 votes (I think they had peaked at 600) right up till the end, IIRC.

eric_s

That's why i wouldn't ask them now, some people see such requests as some sort of "sabotage" attempt. But in case the IACFS/ME gets close to 5000, but not over the mark, we can try. I guess we will just have to see. Who knows, if the WPI looks like a sure winner, the WPI might even post a call to support the IACFS/ME on their own page in the last couple of days.
But yes, of course we have to try to get there without the uncertain help of other groups.

helen41

It seems clear at this point that if people choose to support another group in the hopes of getting them into the draw, it should be IACFS/ME. We have 20 more days, so we would need roughly 235 votes a day to get there. If we come up short, I hope, like Eric, that in the final days we will be able to get some extra support

*GG*

Wow, looks like people have switched over, about 480 votes! About 100 votes ahead of Nightingale, when the gap was about 20 yesterday.

GG

*GG*

when I just voted, there was about 565 votes, so looks like almost 100 votes/day. We are going to need more than this daily for a while to get to 5k! Any ideas?

GG

*GG*

when I just voted, there was about 565 votes, so looks like almost 100 votes/day. We are going to need more than this daily for a while to get to 5k! Any ideas?

GG

624 votes, about 24 hours apart. Doesn't look good for getting 5,000 votes!

GG

*GG*

624 votes, about 24 hours apart. Doesn't look good for getting 5,000 votes!

GG

670 votes for IACFS. 2 weeks left, 50 votes per day (minimum) equals about 700 votes, which would bring us to about 1500 votes, going to be 3500 votes short!

GG

eric_s

Yes, but we are not going to get them by telling the people it's impossible ;-) No offense meant. Add the 130 or so National ME/FM voters and we would already be at around 3400. Now if we could win only 40 Phoenix Rising members more who vote daily for the IACFS/ME they would be over 4000 at the end. Voting 4 Grants has around 600 members, they should be able to give us these 1000 votes in 3 or 4 days, if they are willing to help. It's not sure we will make it, but it's certainly possible. Even if we don't make it, the 100'000$ for the WPI would be very nice already. But i think we should try to get something from this wildcard drawing as well. It would be great if the National ME/FM Action Network could now send out an email where they tell everybody to switch. I think helping the IACFS/ME is good for them too, because of the conference (and because the IACFS/ME help everybody with ME/CFS).