• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hilary Johnson's latest blog post re Wessely

alex3619

The high point for me is that Wessley might be supporting a new book on fictitious illness to be released next month. In other words, its a public relations stunt at the expense of sick people. A large part of the blog is also about the lack of evidence for death threats.

I do like the name given in the first comment: Simple Simon.

Its a good blog as usual, well worth a read.

Bye
Alex

frenchtulip

The high point for me is that Wessley might be supporting a new book on fictitious illness to be released next month. In other words, its a public relations stunt at the expense of sick people. A large part of the blog is also about the lack of evidence for death threats.
Alex

If Dr. W is planning to release a book on fictitious illness to include M.E., then I would suggest a book burning and invite the media.

SilverbladeTE

Book burning? No, I would suggest 30 years in jail for conspiracy to commit genocide, for him
As Billy Connolly once said: "Hanging's too good for the likes o' him!" :p (and no, that's not a death threat, quite the opposite, in fact)

alex3619

Hi frenchtulip,

Yes, in downtown London, but the problem is you would be giving him royalties ... but its not his book, he is just supporting it, its by others in his school from what I can gather.

Bye
Alex

Desdinova

Go Hillary! Hillary says it like it is.

So Weasel and Company come out with a book that deals with or talks about fictitious diseases and illnesses? If they say ME and CFS are the same and imply that they are a combination of various mental disorders, diseases and illnesses we should go forward and use this against him.

Whether it be in the public eye, politically, legally or some combination of the three. You can't win against this man (and I use the term very loosely) and his cronies by playing nice. Nor by waiting for science to sort science out and find the answer.

Enid

Since Hillary "says it like it is" - can't understand why it's also "purple prose" - must be one his cronies - a media friend perhaps.