• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Goggle Doodle for May 12, 2012 - 20th Anniversary of International Awareness Day

We have started to work on a campaign to ask Google if they will create a Doodle for May 12th 2012 which is the 20th anniversary of International Awareness Day.

So far we've set up a new page in Facebook called "Google please create a Doodle for May 12, 2012". http://www.facebook.com/may12t?h.aw...ate-a-Doodle-for?-May-12-2012/193160990745680.
If you use Facebook please "LIKE" the page to show your support.

If you don't use Facebook, a petition will be set up shortly that you can sign.

We also ask that each fan send a separate request to proposals@google.com asking for a Doodle. Please copy in info@may12th.org so we can track the number of emails sent.

Also please spread word of this as far and as wide as possible.

Thanks in advance for your support.

*GG*

We have started to work on a campaign to ask Google if they will create a Doodle for May 12th 2012 which is the 20th anniversary of International Awareness Day.

So far we've set up a new page in Facebook called "Google please create a Doodle for May 12, 2012". http://www.facebook.com/may12t?h.aw...ate-a-Doodle-for?-May-12-2012/193160990745680.
If you use Facebook please "LIKE" the page to show your support.

If you don't use Facebook, a petition will be set up shortly that you can sign.

We also ask that each fan send a separate request to proposals@google.com asking for a Doodle. Please copy in info@may12th.org so we can track the number of emails sent.

Also please spread word of this as far and as wide as possible.

You link: info@may12th.org is not working for my computer. Can you put it here in another manner? Thanks!

GG

helen41

What a great idea, and we have some time to work on it. This may be the most powerful educational tool we could access. I signed up, and will ask others

What a great idea, and we have some time to work on it. This may be the most powerful educational tool we could access. I signed up, and will ask others
Thanks for your support Helen. We're hoping that if we get enough people and people from as many different countries as possible that they will agree to do a doodle.

I think we take this further because google doodle is very popular among people

We're open to suggestions. What else to you think we can do? The response has been favourable but given the size of our community the response so far has been relatively low (approx 400 FB and 100 signatures on the petition). I have over 5200 people LIKEing the May 12th page in FB and some other pages have 15000+ fans. It would be nice to get a minimum 20-30% response. How else can we make people aware and get them to sign up?

Enid

Thanks for the link - I've signed in at Petitions - no FB account. Also sent link to local groups.

santi and Enid thanks for your support. Please let your friends and family know as we need as much support as we can get from around the world.

Does anyone have connections in Japan or that part of the world that they can ask for support? or can someone figure out hw to contact the research labs there and ask them to let their patients know?

We don't have any entries from that area yet.

Now that the Vivint contest is over, can you help spread the word about wanting a Google Doodle to raise awarenes? We need several hundred more people to sign the petition, LIKE Facebook and to send a personal email to the Google Doodle team.

Perhaps you can consider putting something in you signature line so more people on PR become aware of this forum.

eric_s

I have distributed the petition to some Spanish and Belgium contacts. A lot of Belgian signatures in the last 2 days... It seems the Belgish are very active and fight for an improvement of the situation with ME/CFS, i like their attitude...