• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MAF 314 - All Natural GcMAF Plus Probiotics

mojoey

I've experienced the same paranoia. I worry about Dr. Ruggiero and very much want him to succeed, his product to be patented, and us to have long-term access. However, I've also concluded that if information is already out in the public domain, it's no longer private once it's removed due to caching. Therefore, I only decide to reveal what I do after careful consideration. I and many others been in this conundrum for a long time with a variety of treatments, although we are certainly prone to error when we're constantly toe-ing the line in slight favor of patients while trying to protect the livelihood of our select few compassionate researchers and doctors.

To explain: Ruggiero said himself publicly that this is a combination of GcMAF and a special strain of Probiotics that took 314 tries to get right. Nothing I said about proprietary materials and methods adds much to that, except clarifies his statement that "This is definitely not something that you could perform in your home kitchen!" Let's be honest: the keyword "GcMAF" is already frought with so much political risk all the other stuff doesn't really add anything. After all, every single preparation of GcMAF on the open market right now is unique and "proprietary." AKA none of us know for sure what's in any of them.

Moreover he said publicly "We are about to fly to the US also to try to solve these practical problems. If things actuate as we hope, you should be able to get MAF 3 14 at home." so again, I'm not uncovering some big secret here.

leela

Oh, I'm sorry Mojoey, I didn't mean at all to imply that your statements were creating any risk.
In fact, I am so grateful to you for the many positive and hopeful directions your posts and experience have led me. Your care and discernment in what you post is totally evident.

What I meant to say, (and paranoia prolly isn't something I should share out loud anyway--not very helpful) is just that the fact that we are talking about things at all, and naming doctors, etc....makes me nervous, due to the things I have learned about the way the FDA and State medical boards etc work. The Burzynski movie (among others) was eye-opening for me.

I really get so much benefit from hearing patient specifics and progress, and at the same time worry about the detailed info posted about specific doctors and their protocols. I don't like being paranoid, it's not my nature anyway.

So I hereby retract my paranoia, and simply encourage us all to remain hopeful, and as you always do Mojoey, take care when posting. I guess there's a fine line somewhere, between sharing the info we so desperately need and would not get otherwise, and protecting that information. It's hard to tell where that line lies sometimes.

Sorry you took that personally Mojoey, I truly didn't mean that, for reals.

mojoey

Don't worry I didn't take it personally! I'm glad you posted that... it's a healthy reminder to all of us that none of these doctors owes us any info, and when one steps forward and risks their reputation for us we should respond in kind by being mindful of all the ways we can potentially jeopardize them. It really is a fine line.

minimus

Ruggiero is in Asheville, NC training some patients to make MAF 314. The cost of training is $5000 and takes place over two or three days. Once trained, the trainee is supposed to have access to the "ferment" from Ruggiero for a minimum of one year. Cheney believes this is a very promising treatment, but he has very little clinical evidence so far. Responses may depend on VDR polymorphisms. In fact, Ruggiero wrote the paper showing that VDR polymorphisms predicted the effectiveness of GcMAF in HIV. Cheney overall was disappointed with BGLI's GcMAF, as the clinical response was mixed and the Vitamin D toxicity was a bigger problem than expected. Whether MAF 314 pans out is an open question. Cheney tends to get excited about the latest and greatest treatment protocol. Some work reasonably well, although nothing has been curative so far. Others fade into distant memory. Time will tell with MAF 314. For now, the price of admission is high and at this point looks very investigational.

Nielk

Ruggiero is in Asheville, NC training some patients to make MAF 314. The cost of training is $5000 and takes place over two or three days. Once trained, the trainee is supposed to have access to the "ferment" from Ruggiero for a minimum of one year. Cheney believes this is a very promising treatment, but he has very little clinical evidence so far. Responses may depend on VDR polymorphisms. In fact, Ruggiero wrote the paper showing that VDR polymorphisms predicted the effectiveness of GcMAF in HIV. Cheney overall was disappointed with BGLI's GcMAF, as the clinical response was mixed and the Vitamin D toxicity was a bigger problem than expected. Whether MAF 314 pans out is an open question. Cheney tends to get excited about the latest and greatest treatment protocol. Some work reasonably well, although nothing has been curative so far. Others fade into distant memory. Time will tell with MAF 314. For now, the price of admission is high and at this point looks very investigational.

Thanks Minimus,

This whole MAF 314 sounds very intriguing to me. I am hopeful that it will become available to us as soon as possible. Since this is a natural occurring substance, does it have to get FDA Approval?

lobba123

i wouldn t worry too much about FDA, it is nothing in europe nd its influence is zero in countires like netherlands and almost
zero in europe

they didn t approve normal gcmaf and wont approve both maf 314 or gcmaf, while europe is totally different with places like netherlands, belgium and germany (germany doesn t even require prescription).

so whatever happens we will have maf314 in europe and will keep having gcmaf, this makes it possible to have gcmaf in US too like it is now (carrying from europe yourself or shipped).

if FDA will approve these treatments US must be bankrupt already with pharma industry reduced to zero, to me this will take sometime although china is already the most potent world economy and india is about there

Thanks Minimus,

This whole MAF 314 sounds very intriguing to me. I am hopeful that it will become available to us as soon as possible. Since this is a natural occurring substance, does it have to get FDA Approval?

mojoey

Lobba123,

Although Europeans don't have to worry about it much, we certainly do in the US. When customs started holding BGLI's order for weeks, people stopped ordering them. Not many people can afford the 50/50 chance

The side effects of genuine GcMAF are negligible

Our 50+ doctors and clinics are well on their way to 1,000 patients on our GcMAF; except in a few severe cancer cases, they report none or negligible side effects. So far we have around 30% as responders.

Dr Yamamoto said GcMAF had no side effects, and he was not far wrong.

We came very late into CFS/XMRV, but 10 of those are XMRV, 20 are CFS, and I repeat, most report none, the remainder report negligible side effects.

Why should there be side effects? GcMAF is in all healthy people. Did you have side effects from GcMAF when you were young and healthy, even though you had full levels of it?

We have one XMRV responder in 3.5 months, 5 CFS responders in 8 weeks.

You can take genuine GcMAF continually, and massively overdose, without side effects

Genuine GcMAF does not raise vitamin D levels
We have before and after blood tests that prove conclusively vitamin D levels do not rise with GcMAF.

In fact, GcMAF needs normal levels of Vitamin D to function properly, and 80% of sufferers have low vitamin D.

Our doctors have found you need to take 8000-9000 IU a day with GcMAF to get the vitamin D levels up to normal.

You may have never taken GcMAF
If you had serious sides, or rising vitamin D levels, the substance you were taking was not GcMAF.

Its very easy to produce inactive GcMAF, which is why every batch has to be carefully tested, as ours always have been - both internally and independently.

So if the substance you were taking did not have independent tests, you can write yourself a guarantee it was not GcMAF.

The damage done by a doctor pretending a substance is GcMAF when it isn't, is that people will believe a doctor, take it, and the reputation of GcMAF is being destroyed when GcMAF apparently was not even involved.

To say nothing of the side effects sufferers have needlessly endured, and the money they have wasted.

We warned one of the two doctors involved by email and phone on the 23rd March; 5 months later we still see no action.

Genuine GcMAF works and is less expensive than MAF 314
They have done the damage: you may be on the MAF 314 thread because, even though genuine GcMAF is currently less expensive than MAF 314 and can remain so, many don't believe genuine GcMAF works - when it does, brilliantly.

Best wishes

David Noakes.

Rita

I cant understand there is not a word about the Cheney -Ruggiero work with Maf 314 in CFS/EM patients in the Ottawa conference in twitter.I know perhaps its a poster, not a presentation, but it can be an important hope for us, a new posible treatment, thats all us are in need. Or perhaps the Cheney test with MAF 314 was not accepted in the conference, al last?

Rita

Prof. Marco Ruggiero has partnered with the Cheney Clinic and they will be conducting classes to teach EM/SFC patients how to make his own MAF 314.
The price of these classes will be $3500 and that includes enough product for six months.

But we dont know about the results of his first test with the product.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Cort did mention in a tweet the results of the study were there as a poster paper, but I haven't heard any details. Guess we will hear later.

Sushi

globalpilot

Hi Ann,
Jusst curios about your comment about rsetting the gut microbiota. Is this a general comment about kefir/yogurt or did you read something in the presentation that was posted ?

Regards, GP

At the risk of sounding like a weirdo, I wonder if human milk has enough Gc-protein to make it a viable option, especially for those intolerant to milk from other species? :) When I read the bit about resetting the gut microbiota (and baby mammals) I was already thinking along those lines.

OK, even if human milk isn't viable there must be some way around the intolerance problem. I know so many ME sufferers who can't drink milk. I'm guessing this would be the same in the AIDS community?

Do you know Joey if the yogurt is live?

V. interesting stuff!

Rita

If everything works as we hope and believe, MAF 3 14 should be available for consumption in the coming weeks.Prof. Marco Ruggiero(July,2011)

This is not true, for the moment.They only are selling the courses to make MAF 314.

I hope they arrange the commercial and production questions (and perhaps patents) to make available the MAF 314, but all takes time, enough time for us.

They have to demostrate first that this product is good for the patients and Im anxious to know the results.
We are lucky that is proved for the first time in ME/SFC.

leela

Nit:an international nit: In other languages, it is called SFC because the syntax is different :)