• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

neurolog?cal problems/lyrica/pregabalin

Cindi

Hi all

I am having pressure in head,involuntary muscle contractions at head and neck area.QEEG indicated loss of information exchange between different parts of the brain.My neurologist wanted me to try lyrica. I got some negative feedback from other CFS patients. Tomorrow is my last day for decision. Just wished to take your opinion,too.Anyone tried it?Your thoughts? thanks

*GG*

Tried it, didn't do much for me, that I can recall. Unlesss you are sensitive to such drugs, might be worth a shot. I have heard some people do well with it, unfortunately, the ony way you will find out is by trying it.

GG

ukxmrv

I have the muscle contractions and QEEG abnormalities. No pressure on the brain though.

Lyrica is useful to be in small quantities only. My Rheumatologist wanted me to start off at 25mg per day and work up to 75mg. The drug is good for the pain, muscle and stiffness that I get.

However it clashes with the ME symptoms I have and makes me slightly hyper. This causes me to eventually crash very badly. I also causes increased sinus infections.

So I still take Lyrica but only 25mg per day for a couple of days, then stop for the same, then start again. Sometimes I stop for a week.

It has made no difference to any brain symptoms I have.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
all i can say is i think lyrica is great, but i think u need to have a break from it every few months as the effects seem to wear off. When it comes to things like medications your not going to know unless you try it and if it effects you in a negative way just stop taking it. Alot of side effects will slowly deminish with time as well, eg would be next day sedation from lyrica, this does wear off eventually but could also be managed with lower doses, personally i find the sedation good for sleep and i only use it at night time and use tramadol during the day if i need something. My advice is try it, u having nothing to lose but maybe some side effects for a day if its not for you and if thats the case just stop using it, if u find it good well your on a winner.

cheers!!!

Francelle

Similar to Heapsreal, I find Lyrica useful, altho Ive never needed to have a break from it yet.

Im on 300mgs but only take it at night as it makes me feel like a zombie during the day otherwise so consequently I usually sleep like a log. During the day I take Tramadol and Panadol Osteo.

xrayspex

I couldnt tolerate it, I thought I just saw a thread at one of these forums about lyrica being correlated to some very bad health issues,maybe it was in the news. I would do more extensive vetting before agreed to that if were you.

liquid sky

I think it is listed as one of the seizure meds that the FDA wants to add a black box warning to related to suicidal ideations. I have tried Lyrica and it did not help me. I quit it because it made me swell up, mostly hands and feet. I think Lyrica was put out when Neurontin lost its patent.

Cindi

I have the muscle contractions and QEEG abnormalities. No pressure on the brain though.

Lyrica is useful to be in small quantities only. My Rheumatologist wanted me to start off at 25mg per day and work up to 75mg. The drug is good for the pain, muscle and stiffness that I get.

However it clashes with the ME symptoms I have and makes me slightly hyper. This causes me to eventually crash very badly. I also causes increased sinus infections.

So I still take Lyrica but only 25mg per day for a couple of days, then stop for the same, then start again. Sometimes I stop for a week.

It has made no difference to any brain symptoms I have.

Hi.
Thanks for your answer. May i ask you where you have your muscle contractions.