• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

tips for struggling with exercise

mellster

Marco
OK, I'm next. Hi, I'm Marco and I am an exercisoholic, it's actually been yesterday since I did my last push up and I'm about to hit the park for some 'light' exercise - at least I gave up my martial arts routine for now ;)

I have been finding the same thing tulip, everytime i exercise even within my capacity, after awhile i end up crashing. I use to be an exercise addict pre cfs, so i find it hard also to resist the urge. Maybe we should start a support group called exercise anonymous, EA. Hi Im bob and IM an exerciseolic, its been 6 months and 3 days since i did my last push up.

cheers!!!

LOL that is a good idea. I was very active exercise wise pre ME as well. I swear I have an evil twin that keeps tempting me back to it, I have had to have numerous talkings to my self in the last month about why I shouldn't do it again lol.

OK, I'm next. Hi, I'm Marco and I am an exercisoholic, it's actually been yesterday since I did my last push up and I'm about to hit the park for some 'light' exercise - at least I gave up my martial arts routine for now ;)

Good work. Fight those demons mellster.

I have been finding the same thing tulip, everytime i exercise even within my capacity, after awhile i end up crashing. I use to be an exercise addict pre cfs, so i find it hard also to resist the urge. Maybe we should start a support group called exercise anonymous, EA. Hi Im bob and IM an exerciseolic, its been 6 months and 3 days since i did my last push up.

cheers!!!

How funny is that???!!!!
Well, hi I'm k-AUS and I would like to be the next one to join the EA group. I'm still coming to terms that I am an addict but my family did an intervention and assure me that I have a problem. As part of my recovery, I would like to apologise to my family for dropping any weights on their feet and going for rides instead of making their dinner. It's been three weeks and 22 hours since I last got on my stationary bike.

Gavman

Pilates is good dependent on the body type. I find people with fast metabolisms and tight abdominal areas like me don't go as well there. or people like me who pull the hips forwards. But for the slower metabolism type, strengthening the abs is very important.
The plank is definately good for both types to strengthen the abs due to strengthening and staying a bit stretched at the same time.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
big pharma have invented an exercise patch similar to what smokers use, so u can slowly taper off exercise without getting withdrawals, also a chewing gum as well for when u get those exercise cravings.

maddietod

big pharma have invented an exercise patch similar to what smokers use, so u can slowly taper off exercise without getting withdrawals, also a chewing gum as well for when u get those exercise cravings.

But they're super-expensive, and insurance won't cover. They don't think this is a real illness.