• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

new empowher article: "CFS: 10 Things Changed Since I Met My Naturopath"

dannybex

THANKS JODY...

I had no idea you were so sick 5-6 years ago -- suffering from so many of the classic symptoms. Your story of recovery is VERY inspiring.

Everyone should take a moment to read your blog post.

Thanks again,

Dan

Jody

Hey Dan,

It was very bad during that time period. There were other years that were equally as bad or worse in different ways with emphases on different symptoms. But the last few years have been better, with a fair amount of two steps forward one step backward in the process ... but the general direction has been forward.

Sparrow

"my body and brain would fill with a physical white noise. I could hear the ocean roar -- or the beast of CFS -- in my ears."

I have that! Just wanted to thank you for articulating it that well. I have no idea how to explain this to others, but I know the sensation well when I'm pushing too hard.

Jody

Thanks Sparrow

It's quite a sensation, isn't it? I used to have it all the time. Then, gradually the time came when it would only happen when I was stressed, or too busy or had too much going on around me. Now, it hardly ever happens. Thank goodness. I never thought it would go.

Valentijn

I saw a naturopath for the first time a few weeks ago ... he was awesome. Didn't assume I was lying, etc, and immediately suggested testing adrenal function. Got the results Monday, they were pretty abnormal, and the supplements he prescribed are working wonders already.

Plus now I have interesting lab results to show to my "go see a shrink" GP in the Netherlands :)

Jody

I saw a naturopath for the first time a few weeks ago ... he was awesome. Didn't assume I was lying, etc, and immediately suggested testing adrenal function. Got the results Monday, they were pretty abnormal, and the supplements he prescribed are working wonders already.

Plus now I have interesting lab results to show to my "go see a shrink" GP in the Netherlands :)

Hi Valentijn,

It's a breath of fresh air to get a decent, normal reaction from a doctor. Does seem to happen more often with naturopaths than conventional doctors.

Fantastic about the quick improvements from your supplements. So often, there's no improvement, or things can even get worse from drug treatments. I am biased against that route, I confess.

I hope you continue to improve.