• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Chia

liquid sky

Has anyone been to see Dr. Chia? I was considering trying to get an appointment with him. He seems very empathetic and knowledgeable. He also seems open to a variety of treatments and appears to try and find as many pieces of the puzzle for each patient.

If you have seen him, please let me know your experience with him and your level of satisfaction. You can pm me, if you would prefer.

I would have to travel a long way, so I don't want to waste my time or precious energy if others have not found him to be helpful.

Thanks, in advance.

Timaca

I see both Dr. Chia and Dr. Montoya. I am grateful that they both oversee my health issues (as does my PCP). Dr. Chia has been a great resource since I do have Coxsackie B3 and B4 infections (enteroviruses). I've been on oxymatrine for some time, my antibody titers have dropped and I have felt better. Dr. Montoya, for the most part, manages the rest of the pathogens that seem to be giving me problems.

I travel from out of state to see both doctors. They both take adequate time with me so I feel that the trip is not a waste of time or money. Both doctors are very kind, caring and understand this illness. Dr. Montoya has a very long wait list (several years I understand). Dr Chia's wait list is shorter (I think it was 6 months at the time I first called to see him, but that was several years ago). They are some of the few doctors that seem to be looking at CFS from a possible infectious standpoint so if you think infections are behind your issues then it would be worth the trip to see Dr. Chia. You may want to consider getting tested (refer to the info in point 1): http://chronicfatigue.stanford.edu/infections/entero-tests.html If you have high antibody titers (1:320 or above), then I would definitely think a trip to see Dr. Chia would be a good idea. See also: http://enterovirusfoundation.org/chronicinfections.shtml

Best, Timaca

globalpilot

THanks Timaca. Just wondering why you were going to back channel this and not post to the group ? It's very valuable information many would benefit from

I see both Dr. Chia and Dr. Montoya. I am grateful that they both oversee my health issues (as does my PCP). Dr. Chia has been a great resource since I do have Coxsackie B3 and B4 infections (enteroviruses). I've been on oxymatrine for some time, my antibody titers have dropped and I have felt better. Dr. Montoya, for the most part, manages the rest of the pathogens that seem to be giving me problems.

I travel from out of state to see both doctors. They both take adequate time with me so I feel that the trip is not a waste of time or money. Both doctors are very kind, caring and understand this illness. Dr. Montoya has a very long wait list (several years I understand). Dr Chia's wait list is shorter (I think it was 6 months at the time I first called to see him, but that was several years ago). They are some of the few doctors that seem to be looking at CFS from a possible infectious standpoint so if you think infections are behind your issues then it would be worth the trip to see Dr. Chia. You may want to consider getting tested (refer to the info in point 1): http://chronicfatigue.stanford.edu/infections/entero-tests.html If you have high antibody titers (1:320 or above), then I would definitely think a trip to see Dr. Chia would be a good idea. See also: http://enterovirusfoundation.org/chronicinfections.shtml

Best, Timaca

liquid sky

Thanks, Timica. I appreciate you sharing your experience. Sorry I missed the pm. I will be in touch.