• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

country life vs source naturals?

Hey everybody!
I'm a 21 year old male, who for the past few years has had some very bad symptoms that docs ust can't find a cause for. I have chronic headaches, i have nausea, and low appetite, il have muscle fatigue, cognitive fog, joint pain, swollen lymph nodes...etc. My cognitive fog,headaches, and nausea have made hoding a job impossible for me..so i don't work.

anyway, i started methyl b12 10,000 mcs per day of now sublinual. i noticed a small appetite improvement...but nothing hue..although during the months of june/uly i find y appetite is strongest anyway..so who knows.

anyways decided to try dibencoide...an have been taking source naturals for the past few days. there werent too many choices on amaon. just source naturals and country life. at the time of my order i had never heard of country life, and source naturals was popular. I have heard about source naturals failing tests, but till figured they were better than county life..

well reading up on country life..they seem fantastic. they are gmp certified also. im thinking of getting their dibenozide 3000 mcg subs and taking 2-3 per day(not sure if dosing of dibencozide is same as methyl?

so yeah any tips here. source naturals isnt really making much dif..and the subblinguals feel like ordinary tabs.

H AND ONE MORE QUESTION. i have read that you rae not supposed to take dibencozide on an empty stomach..but i prefer to take my b12 right when i wake up so that i can actually eat during the day

Freddd

Hey everybody!
I'm a 21 year old male, who for the past few years has had some very bad symptoms that docs ust can't find a cause for. I have chronic headaches, i have nausea, and low appetite, il have muscle fatigue, cognitive fog, joint pain, swollen lymph nodes...etc. My cognitive fog,headaches, and nausea have made hoding a job impossible for me..so i don't work.

anyway, i started methyl b12 10,000 mcs per day of now sublinual. i noticed a small appetite improvement...but nothing hue..although during the months of june/uly i find y appetite is strongest anyway..so who knows.

anyways decided to try dibencoide...an have been taking source naturals for the past few days. there werent too many choices on amaon. just source naturals and country life. at the time of my order i had never heard of country life, and source naturals was popular. I have heard about source naturals failing tests, but till figured they were better than county life..

well reading up on country life..they seem fantastic. they are gmp certified also. im thinking of getting their dibenozide 3000 mcg subs and taking 2-3 per day(not sure if dosing of dibencozide is same as methyl?

so yeah any tips here. source naturals isnt really making much dif..and the subblinguals feel like ordinary tabs.

H AND ONE MORE QUESTION. i have read that you rae not supposed to take dibencozide on an empty stomach..but i prefer to take my b12 right when i wake up so that i can actually eat during the day

HI RCtriplefresh,

i have read that you rae not supposed to take dibencozide on an empty stomach.

I don't know where but it is utter nonsense and completely wrong. It doesn't matter when you take a sublingual in relation to food since 97% or so of the absorption is through the oral mucosa and the stomach contents are irrelevant.

i started methyl b12 10,000 mcs per day of now sublinual.

What brand? How long in contact with oral mucosa? As some brands may be 1000 times as effective as other brands it makes a difference.

source naturals was popular. I have heard about source naturals failing tests, but till figured they were better than county life..

For Dibencozide ONLY, Source Naturals appears to be more or less equivalent to Country Life. The Source Naturals mb12 was the worst (Zero stars, no effect at all) of 10 brands tested by 5 hypersensitives. That may have been either the formulation or merely speaks to the differences in mb12 crystals used in making it. According to the test I am currently running the Source Naturals Dibencozide is indistinguishable from the Country Life. The problem with the country life is the folic acid it contains and in many persons this folic acid can cause paradoxical folate deficiency. You need to be taking Metafolin and perform your own trials to see how you respond to the different folate forms. If you are not taking Metafolin and at least all the basics you may be cheating yourself out of 99% of the effectiveness of the mb12 and adb12.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
i have read that you rae not supposed to take dibencozide on an empty stomach.

I don't know where but it is utter nonsense and completely wrong. It doesn't matter when you take a sublingual in relation to food since 97% or so of the absorption is through the oral mucosa and the stomach contents are irrelevant.

Hi Freddd - that's interesting, and what you say makes perfect sense - but on my bottle of Source Naturals dibencozide it says to take it between meals and on my bottle of Jarrow methylB12 it says to dissolve it in your mouth or chew it with a meal (rather ambiguous, since you could read it as an instruction to dissolve it in your mouth immediately after a meal).

thanks for the response. i think ill ditch the source naturals and go with the country life, as it is cheaper AND GMP. The brand of methyl b12 i was taking was NOW which from my understanding is a top notch brand!

I am not on metafolin and know nothing about which brands are good or what a good dose is.

i also hate the structure of the source naturals ..they are lie tablets.

apparently life extension has a metafolin, but they;re not sublingual. also i figured since i took now with folic acid, that i prob am ok with it and dont need metafolin?
are u saying it would be better if country life had no folic acid at all? that the folic acid is not only not positive, but it is not neutral either? and is in in fact negative?

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Extensio...ef=sr_1_2?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1310245459&sr=1-2

Freddd

thanks for the response. i think ill ditch the source naturals and go with the country life, as it is cheaper AND GMP. The brand of methyl b12 i was taking was NOW which from my understanding is a top notch brand!

I am not on metafolin and know nothing about which brands are good or what a good dose is.

i also hate the structure of the source naturals ..they are lie tablets.

H RCtriplefresh,

The NOW mb12 was about 2 stars in our tests compared to Jarrow and Enzymatic Therapy being 5 stars. I would guess that the 5 star mb12 brands are about 20-30 times as effective as the 2 star brands. NOW couldn't even maintain the advances made with ET and Jarrow much less make any.

The Folic acid in the Country Lidfe MIGHT cause you problem and make any mb12 and adb12 worthless and ineffective. Until you do a trial with Metafolin and without folioc and folinic acid you won't know. Getting results with these things is general;ly pretty hidden.

anyway, i started methyl b12 10,000 mcs per day of now sublinual. i noticed a small appetite improvement...but nothing huge

Of course not, not with NOW mb12. A single Enzymatic 1000mcg mb12 would be far more effective than a whole bottle of NOW mb12.

If you want to actually have a chance to get well you would do well to at least read the protocol and follow it and then customize after you have a basis of comparison.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/showthread.php?11522-Active-B12-Protocol-Basics

Read the BASICS at the above link.

Also, as regards price, at least at www.iherb.com the cost per mg of Source Natural and Country Life dibencozide are virtually identical. The difference is 120 tablets of 10mg compared to 60 tablets of 3mg, 1200mg compared to 180mg per bottle.

H RCtriplefresh,

The NOW mb12 was about 2 stars in our tests compared to Jarrow and Enzymatic Therapy being 5 stars. I would guess that the 5 star mb12 brands are about 20-30 times as effective as the 2 star brands. NOW couldn't even maintain the advances made with ET and Jarrow much less make any.

The Folic acid in the Country Lidfe MIGHT cause you problem and make any mb12 and adb12 worthless and ineffective. Until you do a trial with Metafolin and without folioc and folinic acid you won't know. Getting results with these things is general;ly pretty hidden.

anyway, i started methyl b12 10,000 mcs per day of now sublinual. i noticed a small appetite improvement...but nothing huge

Of course not, not with NOW mb12. A single Enzymatic 1000mcg mb12 would be far more effective than a whole bottle of NOW mb12.

If you want to actually have a chance to get well you would do well to at least read the protocol and follow it and then customize after you have a basis of comparison.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/showthread.php?11522-Active-B12-Protocol-Basics

Read the BASICS at the above link.

Also, as regards price, at least at www.iherb.com the cost per mg of Source Natural and Country Life dibencozide are virtually identical. The difference is 120 tablets of 10mg compared to 60 tablets of 3mg, 1200mg compared to 180mg per bottle.

was the test on jarrow done recently? it is my understanding that jarrow used to contain xylitol which is preferred, but they changed the formula and it now contains sorbitol. Did it rate equally with enzymatic therapy? I think if it did, I could give jarrow methyl 5000 another try instead of the country life dibencozide(not made of money lol and im also running low on d3 ha).

im shocked jarrow would beat out a gmp company such as NOW this is fascinating fred.

ok so i just priced everything out...and at amazon i can get both for 25.60 shipped with prime 2 day shipping.
at iherb with a coupon it is 27.69 with snail usps shipping.
i trust that iherb would be fresher, but it is worth the extra 2 dolalrs?

i am getting jarrow 5000
and solgar 800
i will take one jarrow and one solgar.

Freddd

was the test on jarrow done recently? it is my understanding that jarrow used to contain xylitol which is preferred, but they changed the formula and it now contains sorbitol. Did it rate equally with enzymatic therapy? I think if it did, I could give jarrow methyl 5000 another try instead of the country life dibencozide(not made of money lol and im also running low on d3 ha).

im shocked jarrow would beat out a gmp company such as NOW this is fascinating fred.

ok so i just priced everything out...and at amazon i can get both for 25.60 shipped with prime 2 day shipping.
at iherb with a coupon it is 27.69 with snail usps shipping.
i trust that iherb would be fresher, but it is worth the extra 2 dolalrs?

i am getting jarrow 5000
and solgar 800
i will take one jarrow and one solgar.

Hi RCtriplefresh,

was the test on jarrow done recently? it is my understanding that jarrow used to contain xylitol which is preferred, but they changed the formula and it now contains sorbitol.

While the tests were done 8 years ago, I still use the Jarrow 5mg and Enzymatic Therapy 1mg because of their outstanding qualitative aspects, better than the injectable I currently have. Xylitol and sorbitol are completely irrelevant to this issue.

im shocked jarrow would beat out a gmp company such as NOW

Why? Besides, on the methylb12 issue it depends upon their source of mb12 crystal, only some of which is 5 stars and most of which is 0-3 stars with one 4 star sample I have tried. Jarrow is one of the largest manufacturers of vitamins and other supplements in the country. Jarrow B-Right is the best b-complex formula I have ever used except for the folic acid situation, and is very effective without having to take outside Biotin, P-5-p and pantethine for many. The Jarrow and Enzymatic Therapy were the only two 5 star brands of the 10 tested. They were approximately equal very closely and yet they are different from each other.

Adster

was the test on jarrow done recently? it is my understanding that jarrow used to contain xylitol which is preferred, but they changed the formula and it now contains sorbitol.............

I'm pretty sure this is incorrect. Xylitol is listed on the ingredients, not sorbitol, on a recently purchased bottle and on the website.

I'm pretty sure this is incorrect. Xylitol is listed on the ingredients, not sorbitol, on a recently purchased bottle and on the website.
that's awesome man!!!! ive ehard xylitol is the best..i was looking on amazon and it said sorbitol so maybe they have wrong info.
how much methyfolin do you guys take? is 800 mcg per day a good dose? it's kind of pricey..do you think i could ust get by on the jarrow?

thanks everybody! it is such a relief to know that the now wasnt a good brand, and that some may be better.

Adster

I take 400mcg of metafolin per day. It works out to be pretty affordable really, I cut the Solgar 800mcg tabs(from Iherb) in half.

I take 400mcg of metafolin per day. It works out to be pretty affordable really, I cut the Solgar 800mcg tabs(from Iherb) in half.

i think im just going to order the jarrow and try that for 2 months without folate. maybe in 2 months ill also order the methylfolin.

apparently methylfolin spreads cancer if you have it. (i dont have cancer, but i was found to have a small benign pituitary tumor a while ago..although some doctors said i had it some said no).

also idk how methylfolin will help with my appetite issues? it seems better for fatigue. i have some fatigue as well..but the main reason i came to this forum is because from my searching u guys seem to know about b12. my main problem seems to be the appetite issues.

Freddd

i think im just going to order the jarrow and try that for 2 months without folate. maybe in 2 months ill also order the methylfolin.

apparently methylfolin spreads cancer if you have it. (i dont have cancer, but i was found to have a small benign pituitary tumor a while ago..although some doctors said i had it some said no).

also idk how methylfolin will help with my appetite issues? it seems better for fatigue. i have some fatigue as well..but the main reason i came to this forum is because from my searching u guys seem to know about b12. my main problem seems to be the appetite issues.

apparently methylfolin spreads cancer if you have it.

Don't you mean folic acid? and that is still pretty foggy. If you give your system all the things needed to make cells, including Metafolin, then the inflammation in the stomach and intestines can heal.

from iherb....''Folate has been recommended to help in depression and may have a calming effect. There is a prescription form of Metafolin called Deplin which comes in 8 milligrams (or 8000 micrograms), but there is a disclaimer that Metafolin may aid in the growth of tumors/cancer, especially in the GI tract (which makes sense because Metafolin is used in DNA synthesis and rapidly dividing cells need to make DNA). Note it won't cause cancer, but it may aid in the growth/spread of a tumor if it is there. Also if you are going through or recently went through cancer treatment, don't take folate supplements. Anyways, if you want to see if Metafolin may help your symptoms, this could be a good starting dose with less risk. You can even start with a half a tablet or the 400 mcg dose.''

Rockt

So what is the appropriate dose of metafolin? I take 1200mcg/day, (a half pill BID). Too much, not enough, just right?

Freddd

So what is the appropriate dose of metafolin? I take 1200mcg/day, (a half pill BID). Too much, not enough, just right?

Hi Rockt,

So what is the appropriate dose of metafolin?

That is difficult to say. Partly it depends upon whether you are taking any folic acid or folinic acid or have paradoxical folate deficiency from vegetable food source folate as I do and have to compete with that. My suggestion is a titration to see how much is required not to have any folate deficiency symptoms and active healing. For me right now that appears to be 8800mcg. Deplin comes in doses of 7.5 mg and 15mg. Metanx is 5mg. Cerefolin comes in a similar size. The vitamin pill doses of Metafolin come in 400mcg and 800mcg. However, vitamin folate doses were limited by regulation so that people couldn't accidentally take enough to reverse the blood problems without b12 and come to much neurological harm.

from iherb....''Folate has been recommended to help in depression and may have a calming effect. There is a prescription form of Metafolin called Deplin which comes in 8 milligrams (or 8000 micrograms), but there is a disclaimer that Metafolin may aid in the growth of tumors/cancer, especially in the GI tract (which makes sense because Metafolin is used in DNA synthesis and rapidly dividing cells need to make DNA). Note it won't cause cancer, but it may aid in the growth/spread of a tumor if it is there. Also if you are going through or recently went through cancer treatment, don't take folate supplements. Anyways, if you want to see if Metafolin may help your symptoms, this could be a good starting dose with less risk. You can even start with a half a tablet or the 400 mcg dose.''

any thoughts?
btw just placed my order for jarrow 5000 at amazon :)

Freddd

Hi rctriplefresh,

This warning may be there because of the folic acid study and the unknown possiblity that it involves all forms of folate. This is ironic since the epithelial tissue cancers in the GI tract are suspected of being caused by poor DNA transcription caused by deficiencies of mb12 and/or methylfolate. That would be really wierd if the paradoxical folate deficiency causes the deficiencies that cause the cancer that can then proliferate when the deficiency is corrected.