• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pulsating vein under the eye

Hello everyone,

I have CFS but I'm on my way to recovery. I'm almost back to normal. I run 5 days a week for 40min + stretching. I feel great, I can go out, see friends etc...
However, there is something weird. Whenever I'm a little more tired than usual, I'll get a pulsating vein under my right eye AFTER showering!
It's very weird. I shower with hot water, wash my hair and body with regular products. It does it each time. Right after showering (it starts after i washed my hair). I mean I never get this, I can run for 40 min and wont get this so I really dont know where it's coming from.
Sometimes it will do it during the day if I really pushed but it's very rare.... It happened like twice in 4 months.
However, after showering is very very common...
Once I'm done showering, the thing stops after a few minutes.
I dunno what could be the cause. Raising my arms to wash my hairs? The shampoo? The hot water?
Any ideas? Does someone else have that?
I'll experiment.

thank you!!

caledonia

One of my former bosses had this. You could literally see the thing jumping. I figured he was just stressed out. He was a normal healthy person as far as I know.

I guess you could try changing the various factors involved with the shower to see if it helps. For example, try cooler water, then next time try a different shampoo, next time bend over to wash you hair so you're not raising your arms, etc.

I've had this myself very rarely over the years even before being sick, but never had it in a reproducible fashion like you.

I did a little googling and it sounds like it's a normal thing that can happen if you're tired or stressed.

One of my former bosses had this. You could literally see the thing jumping. I figured he was just stressed out. He was a normal healthy person as far as I know.

I guess you could try changing the various factors involved with the shower to see if it helps. For example, try cooler water, then next time try a different shampoo, next time bend over to wash you hair so you're not raising your arms, etc.

I've had this myself very rarely over the years even before being sick, but never had it in a reproducible fashion like you.

I did a little googling and it sounds like it's a normal thing that can happen if you're tired or stressed.

Hello and thanks for your answer.
Yes it's seems the best thing to do :)
I'll try those techniques.
It's an annoying little things. It's just as you described it from your former boss lol

Francelle

Since becoming ill with M.E./Fibromyalgia nearly four years ago I started getting muscle twitches (fasciculations) but these were all over the body - about 30,000 per day. Sometimes I would have thousands in the one spot eg. thigh but they would move around. I have had them under the eye but mostly in the big muscles thighs, buttocks, arms, back etc.

They are not painful but certainly very puzzling. Yours being so reproducible also are a mystery - the wonders of the human body. Hope they clear up soon for you.

Since becoming ill with M.E./Fibromyalgia nearly four years ago I started getting muscle twitches (fasciculations) but these were all over the body - about 30,000 per day. Sometimes I would have thousands in the one spot eg. thigh but they would move around. I have had them under the eye but mostly in the big muscles thighs, buttocks, arms, back etc.

They are not painful but certainly very puzzling. Yours being so reproducible also are a mystery - the wonders of the human body. Hope they clear up soon for you.
Thank you for your answer Francelle!
Sorry to hear about yout twitches! Mines look like nothing comprared to yours :(

Guys I found out what stopped it!!
I tried Neurological Health formula by holistic health and the problem stopped right away!!
The next day this was gone!!
It's a mix of vitamin with a lot of b12. I think it might be the b12 that made the difference. It's just a guess, maybe it's something else in it.
You should give it a try!

ruben

hi there jeffy14, i too have this problem with my me/cfs, but in comparison to my other symptoms it doesn't really bother me. i'm glad to hear you are almost back to normal. what do you put your recovery down to? do you live in england? look forward to your reply, thanks

Hi,

I live in France. I'm not recovered yet but I'm on my way. I work full time and I have some bad days. I exercise 3 times a week. (20min run, cycle or rowing + core exercise + stretching). Before going back to work I exercised 5 times a week, I ran 40 min x 5times a week. I had to reduce when getting back to work. It was too much to handle.
Exercise helped me a lot.
I take supplements such as L carnitine, d ribose, vitamin C and Neurological health formula. At some point I also took coq10, omega 3 and other stuff.
I eat super healthy, no junk food, only whole grain, vegetable, organic if i can afford it. I don't eat fatty foods such as french fries, mayonnaise or dressing with too much oil because I noticed it makes me feel bad. Also, I avoid things with too much sugar in them: candies, jam, jelly, deserts, no soda, no aspartam. The only sweet I take is dark chocolate (70%). Also, no caffeine at all and at some point I used to drink tea but I dont anymore. I just drink a small decaff now that I feel better. I guess you have to found out what makes you react bad and eliminate it from your diet.
I avoid chemicals or things like perfume or creams around me (I noticed to be intolerant to aloe vera for example, it started when I got CFS, I never had this before and it took me years to figure out what it was...) . I try to avoid stress too.
I rest during my day, I try to take frequent breaks (20min lying down is the best). I also did some mediation. I tried to sleep as much as needed. I never push through. The hardest part was to learn to listen to my body. I used to push myself all the time through fatigue. Now I learned to recognize when it too much, when I should start before feeling tired and adjust my level of activity to how I feel.
All I know is that little by little I can do more. To see a difference I takes about a month or 2. But I'm able to handle more and more activities.
Even when I was not working I tried to have a routine so that I would not be totally inactive. This routine became longer and longer.
Nothing new in what I'm saying, sorry. But I hope you can find this helpful.
Dont hesitate if you have any question.

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
I walked to my mail box yesterday. That's about it for this week. I have'nt neve been able to do all those things when I was at my peak!! I'm just kiddin and I'm very glad you have made such progress.

ixchelkali

If I had a kind of CFS that could be cured by healthy diet, meditation, suppliments, and exercise, and if I could work full time and exercise 5 days a week, I wouldn't worry about a twitch under the eye when I shower.

If I had a kind of CFS that could be cured by healthy diet, meditation, suppliments, and exercise, and if I could work full time and exercise 5 days a week, I wouldn't worry about a twitch under the eye when I shower.
You have to be able to listen to your body and identify when something is not as usual. If you dont spot it and keep going, you gonna end up pushing and finally crashing.Yes, I'm worried about the twitching because it should not be here. I listen to what I'm body is telling me because I dont wanna go downhill again. I failed before because I did not pay attention. If you dont understand this, then I dont think you can beat CFS.