• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Questions on DVD from The 6th Invest in ME International ME/CFS Conference 2011

beaker

ME/cfs 1986
A couple questions :

How does the conversion to pounds work w/ credit cards?

Has anyone received their DVD yet?
They say on the website early July. ( ok so it's only the 2nd :Retro smile: )

Anyone have any thoughts from ordering past DVDs from the Invest conferences?

Thank you .

Bob

hi beaker,

I haven't received my DVD yet.

In the UK, credit cards usually just add on a very small percentage for foreign transactions (about 2%).
And the purchase amount shows on the statement in pounds and dollars.
But I don't know if it would be the same in the US.

I've watched most of the past conferences, and they've all been fascinating, and they were the most educational source of info for me before I found internet forums. I'd recommend watching them, if you are interested in the science. And they are great for putting faces to the names of the researchers. I can't think of much info that would be out of date either.

Bob

ukxmrv

Beaker and Bob,

I'm wondering how they will get on with releasing the DVD with some much of the talks embargoed? I was at the conference and got the impression that they could not release it until some of the papers were released.

Bob

Beaker and Bob,

I'm wondering how they will get on with releasing the DVD with some much of the talks embargoed? I was at the conference and got the impression that they could not release it until some of the papers were released.

I suppose they can always edit out small sections, to remove the details that we aren't allowed to know about.
I can't imagine that that they would postpone the DVD for longer than a week or two.

"Beaker and Bob" sounds good doesn't it?!

ukxmrv

It does have a ring to it, doesn't it Bob?? (B&B)

Hope you don't mind.

They would have to edit out entire talks possibly as quite a lot of the content on a couple of talks was presenting the results.

I'm sure IiMe is on to it anyway and talking to presenters.

eric_s

I have never seen one of the DVDs, but i'm sure they are very interesting. I feel that especially here in the non-english speaking parts of the world, unfortunately many people know very little about the science in ME/CFS.

If that's possible, i think i would like to talk to Invest in ME, if they would be interested in producing translated versions with subtitles. I could easily help with the German version and the market seems big enough.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
So glad to see this thread, i wondered where my DVD was and hadnt found the July info on their website, so thanks for that!
x Justy

beaker

ME/cfs 1986
Beaker thanks Bob :) AND all who responded !
I just ordered. Hopefully won't take too long. I wanted to share w/ my MD.
I was wondering about the embargoed papers as well. Of course they will have to edit. Of course that's the part I want !

If anyone get their DVD please let us know. Want to be on the lookout.

My brain just kicked -- 15 min or so after reading the post about putting faces to names-- that I would not just be listening. I was thinking CD. Just another day in CFIDS Brainland.

Regards -

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has recieved their video yet of the conference, i cant find any info about when they will come out on their website and i paid for it straight after the conference.
Justy.

max

I'm still waiting, I also paid immediately - hope its worth it - not holding my breath tho'.

max

thanks Kate - you should work at the Beeb! - but then again, the Beeb are not interested in finding stuff out.

max

Bob

beaker

ME/cfs 1986
Just got this in my email :

Dear Friends

We have now begun distributing the conference DVDs and they should be arriving to you in the next few days.
Those being sent to USA/Canada/Australia will take about 5 days.

We hope you enjoy the contents,

Best Wishes
Invest in ME

Does that mean Fluge and Mella's study is now published? Nothing on google. Maybe will be out in the next couple days. Anyone know?