• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ice pack for methylation panel test?

Hello,

I need to send the methylation panel test kit with an ice pack from the UK... I just wondered if anyone knows of a good ice pack to purchase in the UK that would do the job and be small enough to fit in the envelope they provide.

looking on amazon i can't find any small packs that stay frozen for longer than about 5 hours - is that going to be ok for this purpose? thanks again.

richvank

Hello,

I need to send the methylation panel test kit with an ice pack from the UK... I just wondered if anyone knows of a good ice pack to purchase in the UK that would do the job and be small enough to fit in the envelope they provide.

Hi, harrycat.

A guy in Australia wrote me recently that he sent blood samples to the lab in Netherlands via Federal Express, that they had a mailer with provision for an ice pack, that he used regular ice, not dry ice, and that the samples arrived in good condition and he got an analysis back that looks O.K. The lab specifies that they want to receive the samples within 48 hours, but Dr. Audhya told me that the preservatives in the sample vials are good for at least three days. I hope this helps.

Rich