• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Take 1/4 tablet if neurological health formula, absolutely whacked on it

anniekim

Taken 1/4 tablet of neurological health formula, absolutely whacked on it

I decided to try the simplified methylation protocol. Living in the UK, I can't find a doctor to help, so tentatively going it alone

Two and half weeks ago I began taking just a quarter of the neurological Heath formula vitamin supplement every other day. For the first few days I was more sleepy but it did seem to wear off so I decided last Wednesday to increase the dose to 1/4 of the tablet daily and also start the lecithin tablet once daily.

The last two days I've just been sleeping and sleeping. Fourteen hours at night, then a few hours in the day. I'm obviously reacting to the tablet. I will back off and stop taking it for a few days and then go back to one quarter every other day.

I obviously need to increase this tablet very slowly; however, what I don't know to do is whether I shouldn't add in the b12 or folates until I can tolerate at least half of the vitamin or concurrently add these slowly in whilst slowly trying to build up my tolerance of the neurological health formula? Any thoughts much appreciated

Many thanks in advance

maddietod

I have a friend who wants to try the protocol, but is allergic to turmeric and something else in the multi formula. Is it possible that this is your problem?

Madie

Freddd

I decided to try the simplified methylation protocol. Living in the UK, I can't find a doctor to help, so tentatively going it alone

Two and half weeks ago I began taking just a quarter of the neurological Heath formula vitamin supplement every other day. For the first few days I was more sleepy but it did seem to wear off so I decided last Wednesday to increase the dose to 1/4 of the tablet daily and also start the lecithin tablet once daily.

The last two days I've just been sleeping and sleeping. Fourteen hours at night, then a few hours in the day. I'm obviously reacting to the tablet. I will back off and stop taking it for a few days and then go back to one quarter every other day.

I obviously need to increase this tablet very slowly; however, what I don't know to do is whether I shouldn't add in the b12 or folates until I can tolerate at least half of the vitamin or concurrently add these slowly in whilst slowly trying to build up my tolerance of the neurological health formula? Any thoughts much appreciated

Many thanks in advance

Hi Annie,

If that is the tablet I've looked up it has NAC which can throw some people into a SEVERE folate deficiency in hours with increasingly severe b12 deficiencies to follow. Check the ingredients. The NAC induced deficiencies could set you back years and can do real neurological damage. Any other symptoms starting to increase yet like inflammation, pain, allergies, asthma, nausea, headaches, tingling in extremities etc? It can turn off methylation hard in hours.

Or does it have folinic or folic acid?

anniekim

Hi Annie,

If that is the tablet I've looked up it has NAC which can throw some people into a SEVERE folate deficiency in hours with increasingly severe b12 deficiencies to follow. Check the ingredients. The NAC induced deficiencies could set you back years and can do real neurological damage. Any other symptoms starting to increase yet like inflammation, pain, allergies, asthma, nausea, headaches, tingling in extremities etc? It can turn off methylation hard in hours.

Or does it have folinic or folic acid?

Hi Fredd,

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated. No, I don't have increased pain (and i do suffer from a lot of pain generally, been a bit better last two months) or headaches, was a bit sniffly yesterday, though. No tingling in the extremities either. The reaction is just severe sleepiness and sleeping for long periods. Until recently I took a B vit complex with folic acid with no problems (stopped that, now I am trying to go on the simplified methylation protocol), so thinking can't be due to folic acid? Another question, what exactly are the symptoms of inflammation, as opposed to increased pain? Never sure about that, thanks.

Madietodd, thanks for your reply. Have no idea if I'm sensitive to any of the supps in the neurological health formula. have cooked with tumeric with no problems