• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

$$$ for WPI vote daily now in Vivint Round 2!

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
Ok, i just read somebody's message that Light and Love Home seem to say they don't have any administrative costs, while they have declared such costs of 30'000$ or so to the revenue authorities. I haven't verified this myself, but it could be something serious. On the other hand i guess it's still up to Vivint what they want to do with regards to the contest, even if this information is correct and L&L have either lied to their donors or the authorities.

That sounds more serious to me, too. I don't think the thing about recruiting votes from their sister charity in another country is a problem, but this could be. Of course it's not up to us.

Dolphin

Some charities can say that none of the donation will go to administration costs. This can be because they find another way to cover the administration costs e.g. a core group pay for them. Don't know if this could be relevant here.

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
here are the links - 0 administration costs shown to the public who are donating -

Total expenditures on management and administration 5010
$ 28,785
This was taken from their statement filed with revenue Canada at the following link

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/ebci/haip/...26amp%3Bt%3D%2B%26amp%3By%3D%2B%26amp%3Bp%3D1

This was taken from love and home website where they request donations

0% Administration Fee
Income of funds is raised through donation over the world and various fundraising activities. Light and Love Charity Fund has no administrative cost. All proceeds go towards our worldwide charity services.

This is located at the following link

http://global.lightandlovehome.org/en/sponsored-areas-and-programs-global

The public is voting and donating thinking that their money and votes are globally distributed and with NO administration costs

*GG*

Now we don't know what the scores are as they are blinded for all the groups. This is going to make it all the more impossible to know which group to vote for.

Yeah, I don't like this, good thing people have been keeping track. I guess it could be to our advantage, but I believe some people would have said we were caught off guard with the Chase contest with the WPI? I don't want that to happen again, and not sure if doing something for any other org would be fruitful? What are people's thoughts on this?

GG

frenchtulip

They are changing the overall rankings, right? I keep checking to make sure the WPI is still in 6th place. Or did they freeze the rankings? Thanks.

Dolphin

Yeah, I don't like this, good thing people have been keeping track. I guess it could be to our advantage, but I believe some people would have said we were caught off guard with the Chase contest with the WPI? I don't want that to happen again, and not sure if doing something for any other org would be fruitful? What are people's thoughts on this?

GG
I'm voting for the WPI as I don't see the two other groups have much chance. The chances are small they will be overtaken but at least it seems the votes have a value.

With the Chase contest, it was different - it wasn't daily voting. Some people didn't like people voting for the CAA but it wasn't "split voting" as such - each person had five votes and could only vote for the WPI once*. The WPI got over 9,000 individual votes (compare the daily votes for Vivint) - people tried hard and I'm not sure if people really rested that much on their laurels.

* Indeed, if most of the people who voted for the WPI had voted for the CAA, the CAA's research fund would have got a prize in Round 2 - but there's probably no value going over that; also, it could be argued, saying there were two groups one could vote could have got more people to make the effort to vote at all than if there was just one group

eric_s

I will now vote for the WPI too. In the Pacific Region, which is what matters for the WPI, Invisible Children is now at no.6 and It Gets Better Project is at no. 3. As soon as somebody sees one of these move up or down, or sees any movement in the top 6 or so, that person could post it here. Like this we would most likely have some time to try to react, before another charity could catch up with the WPI. The gap was around 50'000 votes or so, if i remember correctly, so it seems very hard to close that, but you never know.

WPI has fallen to seventh place nationally (but is still in first in the Pacific). I haven't been keeping a close eye on the national board, so I don't know who moved up.

Edit: I'm guessing it was Journey 4 A Cure moving up to second place in the East. I note that CHERUBS is now in third place in the East. You'll likely remember that they cut a deal with Team Sanfilippo to vote for them to get Team Sanfilippo into first place nationally so that CHERUBS would win the prize in the East. Looks like that was a bad call on their part - now they might not get anything.

Dolphin

WPI has fallen to seventh place nationally (but is still in first in the Pacific). I haven't been keeping a close eye on the national board, so I don't know who moved up.
These were the votes before we could not see the numbers:
6. Whittemore Peterson Institute - 63,959

7. CURED Foundation - 63,140

8. Lindsay Foundation - 62,838

9. Gracehaven Home Inc. - 53,878
7th and 8th are fighting it out for $100,000 so there's a good chance the WPI may drop to 8th. If it drops to 9th, there is obviously bigger movement going on.

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
I don't understand why it matters where WPI ranks nationally? They only have to stay first in the Pacific. The rest would only be relavent if we were in contention for the $250K.

Dolphin

I don't understand why it matters where WPI ranks nationally? They only have to stay first in the Pacific. The rest would only be relavent if we were in contention for the $250K.
Yes, I suppose that is right. What people could keep an eye on is whether any groups in Pacific move up in the national ranks which would suggest they have received a lot more votes.

Doogle

National ranking, time left 5 days 10 hours 17 minutes

7 Whittemore Peterson Institute
23 Be Perfect Foundation
24 It Gets Better Project

Dolphin

FWIW, IGBP posted a request for votes on its FB page 6 hours ago. They're still mentioning the $250,000. Bizarre they didn't do it more before now.
They also tweeted a request 6 hours ago and said "please RT". They haven't written any public thank you messages and a quick search for #itgetsbetter shows no mentions since the Tweet.

Doogle

WPI slipped down one in national ranking.

National ranking, time left 4 days 6 hours 41 min

8 Whittemore Peterson Institute
23 Be Perfect Foundation
24 It Gets Better Project

Purple

Bundle of purpliness
At 4 days 5 hours 36 minutes:

It Gets Better Project is now ranked 23 nationally
Be Perfect Foundation is ranked 24

So It Gets Better Project has overtaken Be Perfect Foundation and is second in the Pacific region.

Andrew

WPI just send me the folowiing:

Dear Friend and Supporter of the Whittemore Peterson Institute,

WPI has four days left in the Vivint Gives Back Project . We are currently in 1st place but the competition is stellar and narrowing our lead daily. We need your votes to win a $100,000 grant which will be used to continue the vital work of the Institute and create a patient fund for those who can't afford care. Please vote daily via Facebook and the Vivint Gives Back Project. For more information please visit: http://www.vivint.com/givesbackproject or www.wpinstitute.org.

To vote:
(1)http://www.facebook.com/VivintHome (LIKE)

(2)http://www.vivint.com/givesbackproject/charity/769 (VOTE)

Tiny url's= (1)http://ow.ly/1tqdzM (LIKE) (2) http://ow.ly/1vJXnU (VOTE)

Thank you so much for considering this request, your support means everything to WPI and patients around the world.

Sincerely,

Andrea Whittemore-Goad
Volunteer Social Media and Donor Relations

Also, Vivint has hidden the number of votes to add suspense. So we won't know if someone is about to overtake them.

helen41

by my (again rough) calculations, It Gets Better would need over 8000 votes a day since the 21st, when they started hiding numbers, to catch up. Presumably WPI is still getting roughly 1000 votes a day. That means they would need 9000 votes a day. I'm not worried

Tuha

Here is an interesting message from vivint. It seems that they will again mutch donations for whatever organisation (there is still 118 000 USD left)
Here is the message:
We are so excited about the awareness that has been raised for each organization through the Vivint Gives Back Project over the last few months! We have $118,000 left that we would like to give away to charities through donation matching. Starting tomorrow Wednesday, August 24, around 11:00 am MST, all donations of any amount will be matched dollar for dollar until we have given away $118,000. We are excited to be able to help as many charities as possible, please get your organizations involved through the end of the Vivint Gives Back Project.

Please check Facebook and the contest website for the exact time when this donation matching will begin.
Holly Mero
Vivint

Kate_UK

This time they will match all donations of any amount!!!

So we can give more than $50 and they will match it, until the $118,000 is used up, so I guess we need to start giving as soon as the matching period begins.