• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Logic 101 and XMRV

illsince1977

A shadow of my former self
sorry Willow. Politics.

I know. CNN Anderson Cooper(Mr keeping them Honest) steam rolled Dr Andrew Wakefield. They all are suspect far as I'm concerned.

News Corp owns the Wall Street Journal, and FOX by the way.(source wiki) The left and right beat up on each other, but are both controlled by the same folks so it is one big party. I trust the left to try and screw me less the the right though, but they both are miserable.

LIke Fareed Zakaria, my favorite is always intereviewing Guys like Henry Kissinger, Mr Zbigniew Brzezinski, George Soros. All very interesting characters with somewhat questionable motives.
Mark, everyone steam rolled Wakefield, even On The Media on NPR, in the guise of covering it as a cautionary tale in which The Media should be warned not to be unduly swayed by vaccine alarmist hysterics in the public, if you can believe it! I was truly appalled at them as I have been with NPR's and PBS's coverage of both ASD and ME/CFS.

But I stray from the thread topic, and yet I don't. Bias distorts research and research design. The general public doesn't understand basic logic, much less the application of that to research methodology. It is apparently left to us as unintentionlly interested parties to keep reminding them of that. It should be the scientists' job, but they fall prey to bias as well. They are human too.

Enid

My background (Uni) includes Logic too - noted it was far removed from a real "universe" of experience of things from which higher thoughts spring.