• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Human Probiotic Infusion (HPI), would you do it if it cured CFS?

Would you do a fecal transplant if it turned out to be a cure for CFS?

• Total voters

redo

We know little if Human Probiotic Infusion (HPI), would turn out to work. But, hypothetically, if it cured CFS - would you do it?

Yes, it does involve feces. Taking feces from someones and putting it into someone else's. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of c.diff. patients whom find their illness is so bad, that they do this every year. It's becoming more of a mainstream treatment in Europe, although not common everywhere, and in the US, more and more doctors are beginning to perform it (for c.diff.).

But -- would you do it if it turned out to be a cure for CFS?

Spring

I'd do anything for a cure!!!!!

And this seems a logic step after probiotics. I don't believe that it would cure me, but it could defenitely improve some symptoms as not all bacteria are supplied as probiotics.

redo

And this seems a logic step after probiotics. I don't believe that it would cure me, but it could defenitely improve some symptoms as not all bacteria are supplied as probiotics.

And... Some of the probiotics, especially natural ones, the ones which already inhabit our gut, serve as powerful antibiotics. The way this treatment cures c. diff is not just by adding other gut bacteria, and then the clostridia bacteria starve to death. It's actually raw antibiotic power from the healthy bacteria which kills off c. diff. This is very well known. Many, if not most, antibiotics are natural or semi synthetical. One example is the discovery of penicillin, which was mold on some petridishes...

Have tryed HPI's with Professor Borody back in 2001, in short, sadly enough it did not cure me.