• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Ian Lipkin on XMRV"

Persimmon

Back on 6th May, Professor Vincent Racaniello posted a Virology Blog entry entitled "Ian Lipkin on XMRV". Therein, he reproduced an email that Professor Lipkin had just sent him, in which Likpin wrote:
"The NIH will post something on our study today."

Does anyone who what (if anything) the NIH posted?

Jemal

I have also wondered and searched the NIG website repeatedly. I never found something... maybe we should ask Mr. Lipkin what he meant?

eric_s

Sounds like a good idea. I don't have his adress, but maybe someone who already has written to him could ask? If not, i will do it, no problem, i just don't want to bother him (yet another new person who bombards his inbox).

Jemal

Sounds like a good idea. I don't have his adress, but maybe someone who already has written to him could ask? If not, i will do it, no problem, i just don't want to bother him (yet another new person who bombards his inbox).

He probably could be contacted on the e-mail address listed on this page:
http://156.111.235.11/pharm/cumc/profile.php?id=177

The only reason I haven't sent him a mail yet, is because I don't want to bother him either. I have no connection to him whatsoever.

eric_s

Ok, so let's say we wait until the 30th.

If anyone has already contacted Dr. Lipkin before, please write to him and ask about that post, wheter he could direct you to it. And then post here that you have contacted him.

If nobody can do it before the end of the 30th, i will do it.

Jemal

So, shall we send him a message? :D
I can e-mail him... if nobody else already did.

eric_s

Today i was travelling for hours, so i haven't already done it. But the 30th or 31st doesn't really make a difference, doesn't it :cool:?

But if you want to do it, that's better for me, so i don't have to do it. Go ahead, if you like. But then plese write it here, so i don't also write to him.

If you don't do it, i will, in the afternoon or evening.

Jemal

I have written to Dr. Lipkin by the way, so now i'm waiting for an answer. I hope i will hear back from him.

Oh, great eric! I had forgotten in all the ruckus surrounding the Science studies.
I hope he replies and that you are able to share it with us.

eric_s

I hope too that he will reply. The link to the post on the NIH website i can certainly share, the rest i will have to ask him (i didn't ask too many other things anyway)... i know that's a bad situation, but i think we should be careful with the trust of researchers/doctors if we can get it.

Jemal

I hope too that he will reply. The link to the post on the NIH website i can certainly share, the rest i will have to ask him (i didn't ask too many other things anyway)... i know that's a bad situation, but i think we should be careful with the trust of researchers/doctors if we can get it.

Yes, and I think we should also remain polite, to all of them, even if they are spreading a message we don't like. I believe diplomacy will get us more answers.
Though I must admit it's hard sometimes to remain polite :D