• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Round 2 - Please Vote again For WPI. Time is short. Do it now!

Dolphin

Drat: 21 CHEDER CHABAD-MONSEY 4056
have gone up 300 in 85 minutes. They could challenge also.

Dolphin

Not much movement:
23 SANDRA AND LEON LEVINE JEWISH COMMUNITY CENTER INC 3817 (+44 in 88 minutes)

Dolphin

Drat Drat:
26 HILLEL ACADEMY INC 3686 (+725 in 90 mins! i.e. 4411)

Could also challenge
28 OHOLEI YOSEF YITZCHAK LUBAVITCH 3645 (+463 in 90 mins! i.e. 4108)

vs
WPI (+96 in 94 mins)

Hope123

It's Chase's money so they can decide what they want to do with it but I'm a little frustrated that religious groups are allowed in the contest....my issue being that some (certainly not all) of those groups don't really benefit all comers. I suppose one could argue that arts education for youth would exclude adults but it's just not the same thing in my scheme of things.

Dolphin

I suppose one could argue that arts education for youth would exclude adults but it's just not the same thing in my scheme of things.
Everyone goes through the stage of being young so it can be argued that doesn't exclude people I think.

helen41

I was just involved with struggle from someone in the blue devils and 4 more school realated charities. I posted, he posted right above me to catch all five votes before me on a voting wall. Luckily, I had voted for every person on that wall (per the rules) for the last week, and he didn't vote anyone. They deleted it, he reposted twice, and now he's gone! Good thing it's over tomorrow. I have voted for so many people facebook blocked me from posting any comments for 24 hours as I commented too often on too many different accounts over the last few days. They think I'm a spammer LOL.
When I see these skyrocketing scores, I have to wonder if some competitors could be buying votes. There are places like this http://www.instanvote.co.cc/ that have many accounts and will vote, or like this http://www.jobboy.com/ where they provide workers. there are some very secretive ones, and it is "simply" a matter of finding where the exchange is taking place- like a needle in a haystack.
Given that I am blocked on Facebook (how humiliating), maybe I will spend some hours tomorrow seeing if I can stumble across anything. That might stop a leapfrog by someone using a vote exchanger

Dolphin

I was just involved with struggle from someone in the blue devils and 4 more school realated charities. I posted, he posted right above me to catch all five votes before me on a voting wall. Luckily, I had voted for every person on that wall (per the rules) for the last week, and he didn't vote anyone. They deleted it, he reposted twice, and now he's gone! Good thing it's over tomorrow. I have voted for so many people facebook blocked me from posting any comments for 24 hours as I commented too often on too many different accounts over the last few days. They think I'm a spammer LOL.
When I see these skyrocketing scores, I have to wonder if some competitors could be buying votes. There are places like this http://www.instanvote.co.cc/ that have many accounts and will vote, or like this http://www.jobboy.com/ where they provide workers. there are some very secretive ones, and it is "simply" a matter of finding where the exchange is taking place- like a needle in a haystack.
Given that I am blocked on Facebook (how humiliating), maybe I will spend some hours tomorrow seeing if I can stumble across anything. That might stop a leapfrog by someone using a vote exchanger
Well done, Helen41 - if you get a Facebook ban, it shows you did a lot :Sign Good Job:

One other person told me she got a 24 hour ban as well.

It is harder to get a ban now I think - I remember a couple of years ago I got a ban (it was ME/CFS-related - can't remember what) for posting the same message on maybe 10 (?) walls.

Last Saturday (?) I posted quite a lot - maybe 150 links (?) in 24 hours plus various comments and lots of "likes" but didn't get any bans although did have to fill in lots and lots of captchas.

I decided to consider it a bit like a game - some people spend lots of time on computer games but why not make a game out of something practical.

Interesting about buying votes.

Dolphin

Those Jewish* groups continue to go up by large amounts.

Not sure what "SANDRA AND LEON LEVINE JEWISH COMMUNITY CENTER INC" ever did to anyone because it's the odd one up, continuing to go up by small amounts.

* If anybody has a better generic term let me know

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
Please vote for the animals

Even if you dont like to support the animal charities please give "Big Heart Rescue" a vote - I am really embarassed that they only got 2 votes from us, I thought that we had more animal lovers here. They supported us this time and the last time we had the facebook vote - please consider giving them a vote in return!!!

http://www.care2.com/animalsheltercontest/8134/5/?refer=18321.04.1305611729.471960

glen

Dolphin

In those 12 hours, these two groups had the following moves:
HILLEL ACADEMY INC 3686 (+3288) to 6974
CONEJO JEWISH DAY SCHOOL 4480 (+2337) to 6817

Do anything like that again and they'll knock the WPI out of the top 10.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Where are you seeing this vote total? My FB page still shows WPI at #9.

?????

The leaderboard is only updated twice a day - I think OWS is probably checking each charity's page to see votes in real time.

OneWaySurvival

The leaderboard is only updated twice a day - I think OWS is probably checking each charity's page to see votes in real time.

Sasha's exactly right. And yes, I'm that obsessed right now. :D

By the way, the 6pm standings are up showing WPI officially in at 12th right now. Interestingly, the India group falling WAY off the pace at 13th, attracting (fabricating?) only 103 votes in the past 12 hours since 6am!

Compare that to this performance of close competitors in the past 12 hours:
WPI 12th: +782 votes in 12 hours
Joyful Heart 11th: +1,433 votes
Hillel Academy (one of the 5 in the Hebrew cartel) 10th: +2,390!

Again, India group only gained 103 in that same crucial time. Have they had votes thrown out by Chase or something?

Let's keep our eyes on getting new votes right now, but tomorrow, I think there will be a lot of questions about a few of these charities. Let's also make sure we stay on the up and up and get legitimate votes.

Ending up 11th or 12th might not be too bad when Chase hands out the $200k special prize or $300k spread to 5 other charities on the list of their choosing. Charities that receive >=$100k (the top 10) are not eligible for the special awards, according to their rules. Let's hope WPI stands out for Chase's special award once the 5 Hebrew groups finish top 10.

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
I worked as much as I could yesterday and today (the days I had available since the round began), can't tell how good a return I got (some people I know voted do not show up in my list of friends on the app). I know a few of my FB friends voted. One messaged me that he didn't like the app data sharing policy (and this is a tech-savvy person). I don't like it, either, to be frank.

I asked some non-FB persons to vote and ask for votes, also. Some of them more or less random establishments. I'm thinking even if not in time to vote for this, they might be able to speak up for us another way.

am exhausted. Disappointed we're out of Top 10, but it's encouraging to hear about the extra prizes for non-top-10 charities.

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
meant to ask: is voting now closed? or what time does the event extend through? does anyone know?