• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Round 2 - Please Vote again For WPI. Time is short. Do it now!

Dolphin

One of my kids spent yesterday evening getting schoolfriends to vote and then friends of friends to vote and so on. We need to encourage the kids in our lives to harness their FBook power!!!
:Sign Good Job: :thumbsup:

Dolphin

A message from Annette Whittemore

From the Whittemore Peterson Institute Facebook page:

A message from Annette Whittemore

"As the competition moves along more charities are combining efforts. In the spirit of working together for patients, we're asking for people to use any unused votes to help support the CAA. Many have already voted for both and we thank you. Let's make medical research and patients a priority on this top 10 list for Chase."

---

Links for the two organizations are:

(i) the CFIDS Association of America: http://t.co/VZEd5Pk

(ii) the Whittemore Peterson Institute http://t.co/Ev8j2dP

---
ETA: I set up a specific thread to discuss it: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/show...temore-encouraging-people-to-vote-for-the-CAA rather than have a discussion spread over lots of threads.

Advocate

URGENT! The WPI is slipping down! Help! Last chance for $100,000!

It scares me that the WPI is slipping down. Tomorrow--Wednesday--is our last chance to win $100,000 for research and clinical trials. Please, everyone, email everyone you know today.

Here's my latest look:

Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 11:30 a.m. (ET)

1. Petfinder.com Foundation - 13,438
2. Youth Education in the Arts - 12,008
3. Wildlife Center of Virginia - 10,515
4. Sonia and Max Silverstein Hebrew Academy - 9,381
5. Norfolk Botanical Garden Society - 8,020
6. Drum Corps International, Inc. - 7,937
7. Chabad of Argentina Relief Appeal - 7,281
8. Whittemore Peterson Institute for Neuro-Immune Disease - 6,243
9. Joyful Heart Foundation - 6,021
10. The Blue Devils - 5,441

The eligible charity receiving the most votes will be awarded $500,000
The second place winner will be awarded $400,000
The third place winner will be awarded $300,000
Eligible vote-getters in 4th and 5th place will be awarded $200,000 each
6th through 10th place charities will be awarded $100,000 each
Winners in 11th through 15th place will be awarded $40,000 each
The remaining 10 eligible charities will be awarded $20,000 each

OneWaySurvival

It scares me that the WPI is slipping down. Tomorrow--Wednesday--is our last chance to win $100,000 for research and clinical trials. Please, everyone, email everyone you know today.

Thanks for the current standings (it takes a little work to click on each one on the leaderboard to get up-to-the-minute results, so I appreciate what you had to do). The every 12 hour update of the Top 100 at 6am and 6pm ET each day is interesting to follow, but by looking minute-to-minute, you see which ones are moving fast. (#1 and #7 racking up votes fastest, with #11 American India Foundation now cracking the top 10 with their fast vote pace, and WPI at #8 is gaining votes faster than many others in the top 10). I will post a more thorough review next post to help people see how WPI is keeping up the pace well, but we need people to bother their Facebook friends again!

Please consider using this strategy to MULTIPLY our voting for WPI among Facebook friends:
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/entr...that-is-suddenly-waking-up-our-friends-to-WPI!

I began it at 11:30pm last night, and have gotten nearly 100 votes personally or from friends-of-friends. WPI's votes per hour average has gone from 50 votes per hour from 6pm - 11:45pm last night to 75 votes per hour from 6am to 11:45am this morning. Compare that to CAA which is unfortunately only getting 21 votes per hour this morning. The point is, guys, this Facebook Event strategy is working! Please join me and host your own events TODAY and TOMORROW! See my how-to in the blog link above.

OneWaySurvival

Voting Trends

Voting Trends as of
Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 11:45 a.m. (ET)

Overall Standings (updated to 11:45am):
1. Petfinder.com Foundation - 14,911
2. Youth Education in the Arts - 12,475
3. Wildlife Center of Virginia - 10,985
4. Sonia and Max Silverstein Hebrew Academy - 9,590
5. Chabad of Argentina Relief Appeal - 9,011 (moved from #7 to #5 in last 6 hours!)
6. Norfolk Botanical Garden Society - 8,447
7. Drum Corps International, Inc. - 8,225
8. Whittemore Peterson Institute for Neuro-Immune Disease - 6,679
9. Joyful Heart Foundation - 6,196
10. American India Foundation - 5,797 (moved into top 10)
11. The Blue Devils - 5,655

Vote Increase Rank in Last 6 Hours (6am to 11:45am) & Votes Per Hour average:
1. Chabad of Argentina Relief Appeal +1,730 votes! ------ Average: 300 Votes p/hour

2. Petfinder.com Foundation +1,473 ---------- Average: 256 Votes p/hour
3. American India Foundation +550 -------- Average: 95 Votes p/hour
4. Wildlife Center of Virginia +470 -------- Average: 81.7 Votes p/hour
5. Youth Education in the Arts +467 -------- Average: 81.2 Votes p/hour
6. Whittemore Peterson Institute for Neuro-Immune Disease +436 -------- Average: 76 Votes p/hour (on the move!)
7. Norfolk Botanical Garden Society +427 -------- Average: 74 Votes p/hour
8. Drum Corps International, Inc. +288 -------- Average: 50 Votes p/hour
9. The Blue Devils +214 -------- Average: 37 Votes p/hour
10. Sonia and Max Silverstein Hebrew Academy +214 -------- Average: 36 Votes p/hour (slowing down!)
11. Joyful Heart Foundation +175 -------- Average: 30 Votes p/hour

34th place CAA +121 -------- Average: 21 Votes p/hour

This 2nd list shows you that:
  • WPI is building momentum
  • The Hebrew Academy is slowing way down (#4 in the overall standings)
  • Petfinder and the Argentina charity in New York could end up #1 and #2.
It blows my mind how many Hebrew/Jewish charities from NY (and also the India charity in NY) will end up in the Top 5/10. I guess they know how to use Facebook!

C'mon, guys, let's do this! Get back out there on Facebook!

Dolphin

Great - maybe seeing the deadline is so soon might encourage people just to crack on and do it!
I think that may work with everyone also - which is why it is probably worthwhile sending a reminder out now. A few of my ME/CFS FB friends voted in the last day in Round 1 even though they would have seen requests long before that (it was two weeks long as people will recall).

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I've edited my signature to be shouty about the fact that tomorrow is the last day of voting - feel free to copy/do similar. It's easy to crank up the point size in "Edit signature" in "Settings".

As I expect you all know, your signature is immediately updated on every message you've ever posted so the chattier among us get good coverage!

I hope it's not too late for this suggestion- I have found I'm getting the most help for votes from family members' college fraternity and sorority alumni networks. My brother's frat alumni chapter network has been voting like crazy for us, as has my cousin's sorority chapter alumni network! My point is, those people are tightknit and loyal- if a member asks for help, they help. Period. I wish I had realized this earlier, but it may not be too late!

Dolphin

Darn, I thought I was saving the last few leaderboards but whatever way the app works (I don't claim I know much about it), saving the page (in various formats) doesn't seem to do it. I think one has to copy and paste the information somewhere to store it.

I think those four groups (10th-13th) on 5,905-6,005 are all going to fight hard now which could mean the WPI might get squeezed out of the top 10 if votes don't continue to flow. There is quite a good chance that the Joyful Heart Foundation will pass the WPI meaning only two of those four need to pass the WPI. And I think "Southern Connecticut Hebrew Academy" have a lot of momentum (anyone any data?).

Dolphin

And I think "Southern Connecticut Hebrew Academy" have a lot of momentum (anyone any data?).
In 65 minutes, they have gone up 347!!! (vs 78 for WPI). I'd be fairly sure they'll pass the WPI so we'll need to stay ahead of most others.

3CFIDS@ourhouse

still me
Kate, I wondered too about parents of children with autism- I thought they were a pretty active and connected group. Do we know if anyone has gotten them mobilized?

Dolphin

In 65 minutes, they have gone up 347!!! (vs 78 for WPI). I'd be fairly sure they'll pass the WPI so we'll need to stay ahead of most others.
There's another flying Jewish group (sorry for the generic term - I haven't been looking at most of the groups that closely but like with other causes they may be motivating each other and voting for each other): CONEJO JEWISH DAY SCHOOL. Leaderboard: 4480. 72 minutes later 4861 (+381).