• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Another Contest Vivant - to WIN Reseach Money!!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Oh god I've been so brain fogged I thought I could only *start* voting every day on June 11th! All my missed votes! I feel so stupid!

No worries - at least you're here now and in good time for Round 2 which starts on 14 June - that's when every single vote is really going to matter!

Francelle

Thanks Sasha for clarifying about the signature. I know what signatures are for emails, so what you are explaining is for posted messages on forums??? I think I've got it now!

Just a memory prompter that I have put in place for reminding me to vote each day is my microsoft office calendar. This reminder pops up everyday about 3pm 'til 11pm (at the times I am often on the computer) otherwise I would have no hope of remembering everyday. So far this has worked very well and I will do this for Round 2 also (all the more important)!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Hi Francelle - yes, that's exactly it, it's a signature for messages that you post on the forums, just like an email signature. I wondered for ages how people got their forum signatures before I figured it out!

That's an excellent idea about using your computer's calendar. I will PM Cort to ask him if he might add it to any article he might be doing about Round 2! It sounds easier than signing up to a Facebook event (to me, at any rate!).

Dolphin

What's the recommendation for today?
For the reasons I give in this post: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/show...eseach-Money!!&p=185243&viewfull=1#post185243 , I'd go with Nightingale Research Foundation http://www.vivint.com/givesbackproject/charity/1129 (who, as I forecasted, have been passed out by Terrace 747 Air Cadet today pushing them into 18th, with a good chance they'll be knocked into 20th in a few days by a couple of groups who are making a move) .

Dolphin

The Nightingale Research Foundation is now in 19th position. They could sure use some votes.
Drat. Free the Children weren't even one of those I was expecting; they went up 8 yesterday to 25. In the last 14 hours, they got 36 votes. It shows when you're that low down the bottom, you're never safe.

The National ME/FM Action Network supporters should probably keep trying to pick up votes (and supporters for Round 2 - not simply WPI supporters but "new new" supporters) on the off-chance there is a surge down the bottom. FWIW, I've adjusted my signature to move the National ME/FM Action Network out of the safe category.

Dolphin

Although the IACFS/ME International Association for CFS/ME has moved up in position, it probably isn't 100% safe e.g. it has gone up in the last 18 hours, by 58 but 21st position has gone up by 81 i.e. it's getting closer. It depends whether some of those it has just passed out start to make a spurt or not.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Although the IACFS/ME International Association for CFS/ME has moved up in position, it probably isn't 100% safe e.g. it has gone up in the last 18 hours, by 58 but 21st position has gone up by 81 i.e. it's getting closer. It depends whether some of those it has just passed out start to make a spurt or not.

I'm still voting for them - they don't look safe to me and we've still got four voting days to go. I think they are more strategically important for research than many of the other charities and I'd rather have them safe (maybe that's just me, though!).

Dolphin

I'm still voting for them - they don't look safe to me and we've still got four voting days to go. I think they are more strategically important for research than many of the other charities and I'd rather have them safe (maybe that's just me, though!).
Good for you. To me, none* of the ME/CFS groups who are not in the top 20 now look like they have much of a hope of getting in there - not just based on the gap but based on the fact that 20th position has been going up much more than they have been getting so I think people should be voting for groups in the top 20 (although am even more convinced votes for the WPI are a waste at the moment with 3 days 9 hours to go).

* one exception might be: MEAO (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Association of Ontario) who have a grand total of 1 vote - any group could move up in Canada if it rallied some support.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
(although am even more convinced votes for the WPI are a waste at the moment with 3 days 9 hours to go)

I see what you mean about that! But it's good that people are really ingrained in that habit, in a way - more likely that they will keep it going for Round 2!

Cort has agreed to mention Francelle's clever idea of getting MS Office Calendar to give people a daily voting prompt.

Dolphin

I see what you mean about that! But it's good that people are really ingrained in that habit, in a way - more likely that they will keep it going for Round 2!
Oh, yes, give me somebody who votes for the WPI each day over somebody who only votes occasionally or hasn't so far. I was just putting my scale of where I thought votes/endorsements were most important at the moment.

Cort has agreed to mention Francelle's clever idea of getting MS Office Calendar to give people a daily voting prompt.
Great. For many of us who are on Facebook a bit more or at least check the e-mail account connected to Facebook, the event idea is also good: https://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=121179681298558 - just say you're "attending" the event. Good way to get other people to vote (by inviting them).

Just saw on the discussions there that somebody didn't know it was daily voting. We probably keep needing to highlight that (although at the same time ideally explain people don't have to vote daily or it could potentially put a few people off).

shannah

* one exception might be: MEAO (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Association of Ontario) who have a grand total of 1 vote - any group could move up in Canada if it rallied some support.

I posted earlier today on their FB page that someone had nominated them and included voting information. So far there has been no further response or votes.

frenchtulip

I see that PANDORA is asking their supporters to vote for Rocky Mountain.--very benevolent! Rocky Mountain needs roughly 180 votes to get into the top 20, so it may be hard to get enough votes for them.

Dolphin

I see that PANDORA is asking their supporters to vote for Rocky Mountain.--very benevolent! Rocky Mountain needs roughly 180 votes to get into the top 20, so it may be hard to get enough votes for them.
It's the sort of initiative that could swing it for Rocky Mountain - they weren't going to get in without it.

Marly just wrote on my wall asking me to spread it around.

Here's the note on their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink....-cfs-fm-association-instead-o/221759684510570

Dolphin

:Sign Good Job: Nightingale Research Foundation got 22 votes today to move it up to 17th with 70 votes, 21 votes ahead of 21st position. 22 votes a day for the next three days should probably be enough. Looking at the movements, there looks like there are 21 charities in the running i.e. if the Nightingale Research Foundation can pass out one of the ones above that are a bit sleepy/don't have many daily voters or some of the ones below it don't keep getting new voters, it is is a good position.

Dolphin

FWIW:
On the last day, I think I won't use the three votes "I control" (incl. my bro and mum) until later in the day to see who needs them most.

Dolphin

Central in last 24 hours

:eek:

IACFS/ME International Association for Chronic Fatigue 624 + 71 = 695

21st position: 429 + 116 = 546

i.e. The gap closed by 45. Over 3 days that would mean closing by 105 (or over 3 days 3.5 hrs, 112). Currently the gap is 149 which mean the IACFS/ME would just make it.

:eek:

Dolphin

Mountain over last 24 hours

20th position: 397 + 52 = 449

The Rocky Mountain CFS/ME & FM Association: 260 + 11 = 271

So gap increased by 41 to 178. That means the gap would need to close by nearly 60 a day.

If 20th position went up by 52 a day, the Rocky Mountain CFS/ME & FM Association would need to get around 110.

If 20th position went up by 60 a day (assuming a bit of acceleration), the Rocky Mountain CFS/ME & FM Association would need to get around 120 votes a day. That would be tough even with PANDORA voters, unless other voters give up and swap e.g. CAA and/or decide their group has enough and swap e.g. WPI.