• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Starting Nexavir Gel

soxfan

I am on my second day of applying Nexavir in a gel form. I was unable to tolerate the injections because of the burning pain it caused. This was not from the injection itself but from the actual solution of Nexavir.

It is easy to apply and aborbs very quickly. I can't say it smells very good (like a barnyard) but once it is mostly absorbed the smell does deminish.

I am not sure how well this works as compared to the injection but I decided to give this a try since I would never have been able to do the shots for a long period of time.

I have nothing to report as of yet because I was told it takes months to know...

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I am on my second day of applying Nexavir in a gel form.

Thanks soxfan,

I am about to start Nexavir injections and I know that some people get local reactions to it (phenols?). I don't know how I'll react, but if you could tell us the source of your gel, it would be great to know if we find we have trouble with the injections.

Thanks!
Sushi

soxfan

My husband is a pharmacist so he compounds it for me. We had to order the supplies to make the gel. He actually didn't know how to compound it so he asked another pharmacist who does compounding. If you need any information on where to buy the supplies for the gel I can look it up for you.
I could tolerate the injections but not for 8 or 10 months..maybe if they were only a couple months I could have put up with the discomfort. The best place we found to give them is the behind because that is where I had the most muscle tissue. The injections themself I never felt..

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
with painful injection substances, a trick is to draw it up with some b12 to dilute it and this can help reduce injection pain as b12 is very painless.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
My husband is a pharmacist so he compounds it for me....
I could tolerate the injections but not for 8 or 10 months..maybe if they were only a couple months I could have put up with the discomfort. The best place we found to give them is the behind because that is where I had the most muscle tissue. The injections themself I never felt..

Soxfan,

I wonder if your husband can find out when they will be removing the phenols from Nexavir. It is supposedly in the works and I think we'd all like to know when is likely to become a less irritating injection. Maybe it will happen shortly?

Thanks,
Sushi

soxfan

Shushi- He has spoken to the pharmacy who distributes the Nexavir when we were in the process of ordering it. When I need some more I will have him ask that question.

We were considered mixing some lidocaine with the Nexavir so it wouldn't be as painful but since the Nexavir is water soluble we weren't sure it would mix in. I did that with my Bicillin injections and I never felt anything and it took at least 2 minutes to get that injected in...For the Nexavir it is 2ml which is alot of liquid and then would have to add the lidocaine. When I see the doctor in June I will ask him if there is anyway around the pain of the solution.

Andrew- what is Hepapressin?

Thanks Kim