• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

XMRV abstracts from 15th International Conference on Human Retroviruses

Jemal

Yes, it's an interesting video isn't it. I've always been sure that there are more people working on XMRV than we are aware of, and more varied research than we are aware of. It takes years to move good science forwards. The zero/zero studies were published in weeks or months. The existing XMRV researchers are working away quietly, making sure that they have a full grasp of the subject before going public. For example, Lo hasn't been sitting around doing nothing for the past few months - he's been expanding his understanding of the subject. Alter and Lo are actively searching for viral integration into human DNA, but that's just one of the things they are doing. They are probably also trying to establish exactly what virus they have discovered, and they are probably also searching for XMRV in their samples.

Hi Bob,

I thought Lo was rather quiet... how do you know he is doing more work on XMRV? I was afraid he might have moved on or that his research was something he did once. Though I have read they will do more work at least for the BWG.

Bob

Hi Bob,

I thought Lo was rather quiet... how do you know he is doing more work on XMRV? I was afraid he might have moved on or that his research was something he did once. Though I have read they will do more work at least for the BWG.

Hi Jemal,
I'm partly reading between the lines, and partly going from what they've said.
In a video presentation they have said that they are actively searching for DNA integration.
And in the same presentation Lo seemed very enthusiastic about getting the best results possible for the BWG and Lipkin studies.
Considering that he is taking part in these high profile studies, and he is so enthusiastic about his work, I'm guessing that he is working flat out to perfect his techniques.
This seems to be more Lo's project than Alter's. Alter is the senior partner, but Lo is doing the practical work, as far as I can work out.

RRM

Just a heads up: most meeting abstracts are now available through the Retrovirology website. Unfortunately, the pdf from Silverman's talk is not yet available. Both pdf's from Mikovits are available though, here (with Ruscetti BTW) and here.

EDIT: I now see that this is already being talked about in another thread. Sorry. : )