• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

PACE Trial analysis - video

Bob

Graham and I have worked together to create a blog and video with a simple analysis of a certain aspect of the PACE Trial.

The UK's 5m government-funded PACE Trial tested CBT and GET on ME patients, and the authors concluded that CBT and GET are 'moderately effective' treatments for ME patients.

We believe that there were many inadequacies in PACE Trial that made the results meaningless for the ME population. In the blog and video we have concentrated on one or two specific aspects of the results to attempt to demonstrate just a couple of the reasons why the PACE Trial was unhelpful for ME patients.

The short video is easy to watch and understand, and it is aimed at ME patients or professionals who don't have much time to do their own analysis.

We especially recommend initially watching the first video as an initial introduction:

http://meanalysis.blogspot.com/

Best wishes,

Bob and Graham

Angela Kennedy

Graham and I have worked together to create a blog and video with a simple analysis of a certain aspect of the PACE Trial.

The UK's 5m government-funded PACE Trial tested CBT and GET on ME patients, and the authors concluded that CBT and GET are 'moderately effective' treatments for ME patients.

We believe that there were many inadequacies in PACE Trial that made the results meaningless for the ME population. In the blog and video we have concentrated on one or two specific aspects of the results to attempt to demonstrate just a couple of the reasons why the PACE Trial was unhelpful for ME patients.

The short video is easy to watch and understand, and it is aimed at ME patients or professionals who don't have much time to do their own analysis.

We especially recommend initially watching the first video as an initial introduction:

http://meanalysis.blogspot.com/

Best wishes,

Bob and Graham

Nice work, Bob and Graham.