• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Judy Mikovits speaking in Belfast on 22 May

ukxmrv

Rich,

Don't know if this is useful to you or not (and I am very grateful for your work in ME).

At the IiMe conference Dr Mikovits said something along the lines of ..."virus will start methylisation and this will take away from other paths"

richvank

Rich,

Don't know if this is useful to you or not (and I am very grateful for your work in ME).

At the IiMe conference Dr Mikovits said something along the lines of ..."virus will start methylisation and this will take away from other paths"

Thanks, ukxmrv. I can't say I understand that very well, but I'll ponder it.

Rich

Daffodil

its weird..for a long time, i have noticed that the seminars dont contain much new info that i havent already heard before...in fact, its stuff i have heard for a long time. i want new developments! we desperately need a positive study and i am 99% sure that the alberta and jolicoeur studies will be negative. i wish there was some way of finding out whats been going on at gsk....a rumor at least

liquid sky

its weird..for a long time, i have noticed that the seminars dont contain much new info that i havent already heard before...in fact, its stuff i have heard for a long time. i want new developments! we desperately need a positive study and i am 99% sure that the alberta and jolicoeur studies will be negative. i wish there was some way of finding out whats been going on at gsk....a rumor at least

I noticed that too, daffodil. I wait in expectation for news from the seminars, then when it comes, I get disappointed because I feel we are standing still or even going backwards sometimes. If something really worked, we would not all still be sick.

I will still hope as each seminar and study comes out. I expect a few more negative xmrv studies, but after the dust settles a retrovirus will be found to be at the center of ME. IMHO

Daffodil

i agree. a retrovirus will be at the center of autism and MS and a bunch of other diseases too, i think. i wish i were a researcher and not a patient right now. it really sucks to be a patient lol

Jemal

i agree. a retrovirus will be at the center of autism and MS and a bunch of other diseases too, i think. i wish i were a researcher and not a patient right now. it really sucks to be a patient lol

Yeah, I wish that too sometimes. Though I am sure some researchers, like Judy Mikovits, are having a hard time at the moment, so I am not sure I would want to be in their position ;)