• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

M.E Conference in Liverpool UK on 1.6.11

This is for medics only am afraid. But does anyone know anything re Malcolm Hooper and Irving Spurr, who are the only 2 speakers, meant to be m.e experts?
Thanks Steve(Stevenski)

Enid

This looks promising stevenski - Emeritus Prof of Medicinal Chemistry - Uni of Sunderland - Malcolm Hooper has been the "backbone" of ME in the UK since long before my own 11 years ago. He writes, takes on all the opposition (see Website MEActionUK) and wiil Chair the London InvestinME (see site) in early May with the international and real Experts. I will research Irving Spurr more. All the best. Enid

Enid

Steve - research shows Dr Irving Spurr is a practising GP and will also be speaking at the InvestinME about treating ME in general practice. It seems the 1/6/11 is about educating Docs at last. Would it be any help for you. (Both websites worth googling - there is much and you can take your choice)

Purple

Bundle of purpliness

Enid

Purple - thanks for additional info - the Enteroviral "connection" seems pretty conclusive now (all round). No testing for all the viruses being found now here.