• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I don't notice a difference with the ad B12

lizw118

Hi everyone
I am doing a methylation protocol that is similar to freddd's I guess, with the added ad B12. I have tried relatively high doses of it but I don't notice any effects and it does not change the color of my urine to reddish. What is going on? I take the Country Life brand.
Thanks
Liz

Freddd

Hi everyone
I am doing a methylation protocol that is similar to freddd's I guess, with the added ad B12. I have tried relatively high doses of it but I don't notice any effects and it does not change the color of my urine to reddish. What is going on? I take the Country Life brand.
Thanks
Liz

Hi Liz,

It takes doses above 30mg, perhaps as much as 50mg, to show as reddish in the urine. Then it only happens once per dose typically and may be only barely visible. Not everybody has separate responses to both mb12 and adb12. Some people have only a CNS response when the dose gets up to 50mg sublingual for 2 hours. However, in some people the folic acid present may block any a substantial amount of the response. Were you up to an equilibrium level on a 5 star mb12 such as 10-20mg/day? Are you taking l-carnitine fumarate? TMG? For whatever reason for me and some other people TMG smooths out the response making it less noticeable.

lizw118

Hi freddd
I will try and take 10 of the 3000 mcg ad B12 and see if it makes a difference as a test. How much do you take daily?
I do take the Jarrow 5000 mcg sublingual mb12 (3 per day) and l-carnitine fumarate. The L-carnitine doesn't seem to make a noticeable difference for me either. I no longer take TMG. Should I? I want the ad-b12 to work because I believe my CNS needs repair.
Thanks
Liz

Freddd

Hi freddd
I will try and take 10 of the 3000 mcg ad B12 and see if it makes a difference as a test. How much do you take daily?
I do take the Jarrow 5000 mcg sublingual mb12 (3 per day) and l-carnitine fumarate. The L-carnitine doesn't seem to make a noticeable difference for me either. I no longer take TMG. Should I? I want the ad-b12 to work because I believe my CNS needs repair.
Thanks
Liz

Hi Liz,

The full dose to be sure of sufficient CNS penetration is 17 tablets AND seeing the red or pink or orange effect in urine, probably only once per dose. I start with 9 and add the other 8 as the first ones turn to mush and conform to shape. The caution now is about folic acid that is in the Country Life Dibencozide. However, as the folic acid lasts less than 24 hours and the Adb12 lasts a week or more typically there is a payoff in effect. If you were to do that and see the pink and have an effect and then duplicate it with 5 of the Source Natural Dibencozide a month later I would be very interested to hear about it. The amount to take on later doses depends upon wheter it has an effect or not in the large dose. If it doesn't one tablet once a week may be entirely sufficient.

It also may not have an effect until you switch to off folic acid completely and start Metafolin and then try it with the Source Natural Dibencozide.

lizw118

You know, I had no idea there was folic acid in the country life version! That sounds counter productive, as I'm taking active folate. I just ordered the other brand. Is it a potent brand? I took 15 pills yesterday and was sweating profusely last night. Do you think that is a sign that it is effecting my nervous system? No pink urine, though
Thanks
Liz

Freddd

You know, I had no idea there was folic acid in the country life version! That sounds counter productive, as I'm taking active folate. I just ordered the other brand. Is it a potent brand? I took 15 pills yesterday and was sweating profusely last night. Do you think that is a sign that it is effecting my nervous system? No pink urine, though
Thanks
Liz

Hi Liz,

I haven't tried it, Source Natural yet. I don't know how effective it is yet. I don't appear to have a problem with adb12 with folic acid once a week if I am not taking other sources of folic acid. The folic acid is short halflife. While the serum haflife of adb12 is very short, hence the darkening of the urine when a person has more than about 5mg of b12 in a dose, the adb12 that parks in the mitochondria appears to stay there. If the urine would otherwise be yellow as with a b-complex, orange or dark yellow might be a better description.

It sounds like with the sweating at night that you might have stepped up your metabolism a bit. I have been so much warmer in many ways since starting mb12/adb12 it's hard to describe. Always being cold is a b12 deficiency symptom.

lizw118

Hi Fred
Well, I tried taking the high ad B 12 dose you recommended and my urine turned bright yellow rather than light yellow. Does that count? Otherwise I didn't get much effect except the sweating at night. For me sweating at night isn't related to body temp, necessarily. I used to have the problem a lot worse, where I would sweat at night a lot but my body temp would be really low. I am not sure why it has happened again but in general the B12 therapy has helped.
Based on my reaction to the ad B12, how much should I take, do you think?
Liz

Freddd

Hi Fred
Well, I tried taking the high ad B 12 dose you recommended and my urine turned bright yellow rather than light yellow. Does that count? Otherwise I didn't get much effect except the sweating at night. For me sweating at night isn't related to body temp, necessarily. I used to have the problem a lot worse, where I would sweat at night a lot but my body temp would be really low. I am not sure why it has happened again but in general the B12 therapy has helped.
Based on my reaction to the ad B12, how much should I take, do you think?
Liz

Hi Liz,

One of my questions is why do you appear to absorb so little of the adb12? Brighter yellow rather than a dark yellow towards orange might be a little bit of cobalamin, but nothing like what might be expected if you were absorbing 5+mgs.

Does a smaller dose like 3-9mgs produce the sweating? How many days does it last from each dose that produces it?

lizw118

Hi Liz,

One of my questions is why do you appear to absorb so little of the adb12? Brighter yellow rather than a dark yellow towards orange might be a little bit of cobalamin, but nothing like what might be expected if you were absorbing 5+mgs.

Does a smaller dose like 3-9mgs produce the sweating? How many days does it last from each dose that produces it?

Hi Freddd
Well, I know that 3-6 g does not produce the sweating. That only started with the high dose. I have noticed that my urine has gotten lighter in general after starting straterra, a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. I thought maybe it was decreasing the strength of the MB12, and maybe the adB12 too? I have no idea if that is true, and if so, why would that be true? Otherwise, the adB12 doesn't seem to do much, which stinks because the nervous system needs help!
Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks for all the help!
Liz

anne_likes_red

Sweating!

I tried a Source Naturals Dibencozide last night, just one 8.6 mg*, and that induced a lot of sweating!! This is not something I usually suffer from and it was quite a striking reaction - to a relatively small dose. I wasn't otherwise feverish or uncomfortable in any way, though I did find it more difficult to get to sleep.
I'm taking LC fumarate, and methylb12 @ 5000mcg.

*I wanted to test my reaction to a single lozenge before considering trying more.

My basal body temperature is low (95.5) and I didn't think to see where it was on waking this morning, next time I try adB12 I will.

PS Freddd, my gum health has improved a lot in the past 2 weeks! They used to always bleed a bit when I brushed my teeth, though my dental health is otherwise OK. For the first time in years and years I'm brushing with no problems. I'm taking ubiquinol, and I think I read that can improve gums, but perhaps it's also a sign of b12s and active folate healing???

Shellbell

I am also trying the Source Naturals dibencozide. It has given me more anxiety, depression, insomnia, and pretty extreme weakness. I was taking the Country Life, only 3 mg a day until last Thursday. I wanted to try this without folic acid.

Since starting the Source Naturals, I also notice I am warmer. But no high temperature. I don't need as many blankets at night and find I don't need a sweater during the day. Just a week ago, I was freezing all the time. So this is another change.

I hope I can figure out a balance between the main Bs. Right now I am taking 20mg of mb12 and 4,800mcg of folate.

Another thought, I just started taking zinc. Could this be causing my reversal at the moment. I thought I read somewhere that zinc can raise glutamine levels. Mine are already high, but I know we need it for healing of the gut.

Freddd

I am also trying the Source Naturals dibencozide. It has given me more anxiety, depression, insomnia, and pretty extreme weakness. I was taking the Country Life, only 3 mg a day until last Thursday. I wanted to try this without folic acid.

Since starting the Source Naturals, I also notice I am warmer. But no high temperature. I don't need as many blankets at night and find I don't need a sweater during the day. Just a week ago, I was freezing all the time. So this is another change.

I hope I can figure out a balance between the main Bs. Right now I am taking 20mg of mb12 and 4,800mcg of folate.

Another thought, I just started taking zinc. Could this be causing my reversal at the moment. I thought I read somewhere that zinc can raise glutamine levels. Mine are already high, but I know we need it for healing of the gut.

Hi Shelly,

At this point it sounds like the Source Naturals Dibencozide has some pretty good potency. Once a week would probably do the trick for most people. The warmer, anxiety and insomnia sounds like a pretty usual occurance for many folks with the mitochondrial getting more active. Clearly you are deficient in it or there would be no effect. Just why the depression to what is often perceived as a stimulant I don't get, but it certainly does affect mood in the normal course of things. The weakness is unexpected. Have you gone off of all folic/folinic acid? Are you taking l-carnitine fumarate? Magnesium?

On one another thread http://forums.phoenixrising.me/showthread.php?188-B-12-The-Hidden-Story&p=174756&posted=1#post174756 Velha and Mr.Kite are also talking about anxiety with adb12. They mention an antibiotic. There have been some other posts, all on this same menu as this one, about anxiety and adb12. People have mentioned some things that helped.

Perhaps zinc is having an effect too. Hard to say sometimes.

Shellbell

Hi Fred, thanks for the response and the email today. I took my last dose of adb12 yesterday. So I will wait until the weekend or beginning of next week to dose again.

At the moment I am still taking B Right with folic acid. I am still waiting for my other order of Douglas Labs to come in.

I am taking magnesium, about 600mg daily. However, I haven't started the l carnitine fumarate yet. I just received this in the mail. I will try this soon.

This has been a bit hard to pinpoint exactly what is causing things to happen as I changed a couple of things this last week, adding in zinc, changing the adb12 dosage and brand, etc.

Thanks again,
Shelly

On one another thread http://forums.phoenixrising.me/showthread.php?188-B-12-The-Hidden-Story&p=174756&posted=1#post174756 Velha and Mr.Kite are also talking about anxiety with adb12. They mention an antibiotic. There have been some other posts, all on this same menu as this one, about anxiety and adb12. People have mentioned some things that helped.

Shellbell didn't seem to notice this comment, but I wanted to add that she took a fluoroquinolone also and I believe it was the start of the issues that have her here today...

Velha

Shellbell

Thanks Velha for bringing this up. Yes, cipro and macrobid are both antibiotics that helped me progress into a CFS/b12 deficiency state. Prior to this, I had been given 5 other rounds of various broad spectrum antibiotics for one thing or another over a year's time while slowly watching my health becoming challenged over time. But it was the two antibiotics listed above that administered the final blow and changed my life overnight. They did some form of internal damage, mainly to my gut and nervous system, that I just can't seem to reverse. I am hoping that the b12 protocol and some other forms of treatment will help that damage heal.

leaves

Fwiw I know that 50 mg zinc made me much weaker and gave sleep problems, whereas 25 mg had a positive effect

Shellbell

Thank you Leaves for this info. I will reduce the amount I am taking and give that a try. I am assuming you take the whole 25 mg once a day. Do you take this in the morning or night? Before or with your meal?

leaves

I take half a tablet in morning right before breakfast and half before dinner