• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Attention Deficit Disorder- ADD

Recovery Soon

I just got back from a meeting with a world class neurologist- and while he did not find any abnormalities with my MRI- his cognitive functioning test labeled me as "ADD."

Can say very clearly that I do not have ADD by any stretch. As one example I have mediated intensively every day for 12 years. On a more basic level I can focus just fine to anything or anyone without lapses.

However, this finding, however misguided does show clinical evidence of the cognitive deficits (note cognitive- not attention) of Brain Fog.

I wonder if anyone else has gotten this feedback?

-Also- he found antibodies for GQB1 which have to do with neurological problems.

SaveMe

some world class neurologist he is. im trying to persuade these bastard neurologists here for an F-mri, but its so damn hard.

my eeg suggested a decrease in cerebral blood flow.

anti-GQb1 antibody test?? almost all people with GBS have circulating antibodies to GQb1 ganglioside.

do you have GuillainBarr syndrome too by any chance?

"Anti-GQ1b are found in Miller-Fisher syndrome (GBS). Studies of these antibodies reveal large disruption of the Schwann cells. Anti-GQ1b IgG levels were elevated in patients with ophthalmoplegia in Guillain-Barr syndrome"

https://online.epocrates.com/u/29231097/Evaluation+of+ataxia/Diagnosis/Tests

and were you vaccinated? what other tests did he perform?

Recovery Soon

I tried to reply to your PM and you have chosen to not allow incoming messages.

some world class neurologist he is. im trying to persuade these bastard neurologists here for an F-mri, but its so damn hard.

my eeg suggested a decrease in cerebral blood flow.

anti-GQb1 antibody test?? almost all people with GBS have circulating antibodies to GQb1 ganglioside.

do you have GuillainBarr syndrome too by any chance?

"Anti-GQ1b are found in Miller-Fisher syndrome (GBS). Studies of these antibodies reveal large disruption of the Schwann cells. Anti-GQ1b IgG levels were elevated in patients with ophthalmoplegia in Guillain-Barr syndrome"

https://online.epocrates.com/u/29231097/Evaluation+of+ataxia/Diagnosis/Tests

and were you vaccinated? what other tests did he perform?

searcher

I was also diagnosed with ADD. I decided it wasn't even worth explaining that concentration problems are common in CFS, and that this is a symptom, not an innate problem.

Recovery Soon

In my case- I have actively cultivated concentration to a significant degree, which made for a particularly difficult pill to swallow. Very little throws me for a loop nowadays. But that one offended me for about a day.

And then he was asking questions about my performance in school- as if the Cognitive Deficits of CFS, which appeared straight out of the blue after a startlingly sudden CFS onset, were there all along and undetected. Like I wouldn't know.

I can't wait to laugh about all this one day. Though I'm kind of laughing now, truth be told. :) What else is there to do?

I was also diagnosed with ADD. I decided it wasn't even worth explaining that concentration problems are common in CFS, and that this is a symptom, not an innate problem.