• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

XMRV positive by stomach biopsy

serg1942

Hi all,

Just wanted to share with you that I have been also found XMRV positive in a stomach sample, by PCR, by Redlabs in Brussels.

I was previously found XMRV + by culture by VIPdx, while the serology test came out negative.

So yes, I am XMRV ++ :D

Best,
Sergio

serg1942

Hi August59,

No, actually I was looked for XMRV, MLVs, and a bunch of other viruses. I was found "just" XMRV and HHV-6. Interestingly the HHV-6 test is developed enough to give a quantitative result, and it is outrageously high!! However, the serology test for HHV-6 in blood was normal.

Conclusion: my Lymphocytes B are not making enough antibodies to be caught by the blood test (XMRV in theory could cause Lymphocytes B anergy...).

Hola Joey, de nada! :)

Saluditos,
Sergio

eric_s

Hi Sergio

That's very interesting. Susan told me about that test a month or so ago. Also the HHV-6. That might fit in with what Montoya and Lerner think about herpes virus infections.

Eric

Nielk

Hi Sergio,

This is very interesting.

Can any G.I. take the biopsy ?nd send the sample out to Redlabs?

Thanks,
Nielk

Daffodil

holy chit. a biopsy! i always thought HHV6 was a bigger player than EBV....i wish i could get my hands on some cidofovir

Enid

Thanks Sergio - we may never get tested here but we know what "bugs" are being found.

Enid

Thanks eric - your post 11 - as you know UKers have to go anywhere else but the UK for pathogen diagnosis and treatments (that's providing one escapes the Psyches). Much looking forward to the "no other choice" time - not too far away now.

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
Hi August59,

No, actually I was looked for XMRV, MLVs, and a bunch of other viruses. I was found "just" XMRV and HHV-6. Interestingly the HHV-6 test is developed enough to give a quantitative result, and it is outrageously high!! However, the serology test for HHV-6 in blood was normal.

Conclusion: my Lymphocytes B are not making enough antibodies to be caught by the blood test (XMRV in theory could cause Lymphocytes B anergy...).

Hola Joey, de nada! :)

Saluditos,
Sergio

Sergio'

If you don't mind me asking, who did your biopsy? Was it a local GI doc?

This is the type of information that I hope gets noticed by the research community. Thanks for sharing!

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Sergio'

If you don't mind me asking, who did your biopsy? Was it a local GI doc?

This is the type of information that I hope gets noticed by the research community. Thanks for sharing!

Hi August,

I'm obviously not Sergio--he is asleep in Spain!--but I witnessed his biopsy so can answer. Dr. Kenny De Meirleir prescribed it, the prescription was carried out by a gastro-enterologist in a hospital in Spain (they did an endoscopy and took about 6 samples of stomach tissue), these were frozen with dry ice and FedExed to RedLabs in Belgium where the tissue was analyzed.

Sushi

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
Thanks Sushi,

Do you know id Dr. KDM has prescribed this type biopsy for others? Or, better yet, have you heard of other results from a similiar test?

eric_s

What might be interesting to know... did they ever test your blood for HHV-6 in any other way than by looking for antibodies, like by PCR, for example? What sort was this new HHV-6 test? PCR?