• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: Chase Community Giving Contest Is Back!

Thanks for posting this with the rules. I'm glad to see that they are allowing larger organizations this time around. But this may mean more competition. So we need to get the word out!!! The contest isn't just for those living in the U.S., so people living in the UK can vote. This may help our numbers.

Good point - do not vote for PANDORA - or anyone other than The WPI or the CAA in the CFS organizations this round. You can use the Look for Charities here button to find charities you want to support

I made a Facebook account last year just for this purpose and got my relatives to vote the last week.

What I want to remind everyone is EVERY vote counts! I was following the votes during the last week last year and PANDORA won by a nail-biting 24 votes! Hey, I like cliffhangers but let's put more space between our charities and the cut-off for winning Chase funds this year!

I emailed the CAA today to see if they have entered the contest, but haven't heard back. Tuha and I have been sending emails to ME/CFS organizations outside the U.S. to let them know that the WPI has entered the contest and asking for their support. Hopefully, some of them will vote. Hope123, it is great that you got your relatives to vote last year. I'm going to work on getting more relatives to vote this year and posting reminders about the contest on various forums and the Facebook pages of ME/CFS organizations.

Please would someone do a Dummies guide for me to vote for WPI?

Ideally, I'd like a link and the fewest possible, short, numbered instructions with dates which tell me when I should do what.

Thank you. Brain fog is really bad at the moment.

Only two hours away!
For those that are not familiar with Facebook and need some help, I'd be to happy to try to answer your questions. I don't consider myself a Facebook expert. But if you have any questions about Facebook please feel free to ask me. You can PM me if you like. I'll do my best to help.
Every vote counts!

AS A FORMER WIINNER PANDORA IS NOT ELIGIBLE

Even if we had not won last year, our name would not be listed on this round because our budget is less than $50K a year. You would not find our name on the list. You would not be able to vote for us.

Now you have 8 votes left after voting for WPI and the CAA. You must find a friend with whom you can swap votes meaning you vote for their favorite charity and they vote for yours. But remember you can only vote once for a charity.

Good point - do not vote for PANDORA - or anyone other than The WPI or the CAA in the CFS organizations this round. You can use the Look for Charities here button to find charities you want to support

Please would someone do a Dummies guide for me to vote for WPI?

Ideally, I'd like a link and the fewest possible, short, numbered instructions with dates which tell me when I should do what.

Thank you. Brain fog is really bad at the moment.

I agree - just tried to vote and got a pop-up saying I have to "like" Chase Community Giving. I have no clue what that means or how to do it! I'm not normally a Facebook user - I just set up an account to vote for ME stuff in this kind of contest and don't otherwise use it.

Can someone do a quick step-by-step guide? I suggest starting a new, sticky thread that begins with the guide like Ritto suggests, called something like "Vote now until [date] for WPI & CAA to get big $$$ in the Chase Contest".

The guide needs to be very, very short! Just four or five numbered lines or something like that. That way we'll get all the brain-fogged in as well! :D

I agree - just tried to vote and got a pop-up saying I have to "like" Chase Community Giving. I have no clue what that means or how to do it! I'm not normally a Facebook user - I just set up an account to vote for ME stuff in this kind of contest and don't otherwise use it.

Can someone do a quick step-by-step guide? I suggest starting a new, sticky thread that begins with the guide like Ritto suggests, called something like "Vote now until [date] for WPI & CAA to get big $$$ in the Chase Contest".

The guide needs to be very, very short! Just four or five numbered lines or something like that. That way we'll get all the brain-fogged in as well! :D
"Liking" means clicking a button that says you like a particular page. If I recall correctly, you have to go to the Chase Community Giving homepage to do this. You might have to click "yes" to letting it connect with your account. I'm sure somebody can give more detailed instructions - I'm too busy.

Here's CFIDS Association of America Site http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommu...HwcVzkusozd0GEijt99n9oTkqV2XcHBK2XF8oWLiaJpXA

Right now:

WPI - 498
CAA - 80

Check this out - the Leaderboard is way behind the actual votes but the WPI is #2! and the CAA is 7th!
What a great start! When the leaderboard catches up I'll bet the WPI is first.

One way to spread the word is simply to go to the Share button on the top of the post and share this post to your Facebook page......

I think these contests are a blast.